Nexus 7 freezing?

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
What don't you get? There is no reason to close them. They go to a cached background process and don't use any battery/resources. They are loaded into ram so they open faster when you need them. Eventually it will be cleared as new room is needed for other apps.

Hit the home button, the app goes to the background where you never have to worry about it again until you need to use it.

As ram is needed, older apps will be cleared from ram, so there is no reason to have open ram.

That simple.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Also. I've never had an app open automatically for advertising. If you have an app that is pushing you adds in the notification bar, then either un install it or download an air push blocker.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

bigtroutz

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
What don't you get? There is no reason to close them. They go to a cached background process and don't use any battery/resources. They are loaded into ram so they open faster when you need them. Eventually it will be cleared as new room is needed for other apps.....

what part of my wanting to control the apps did you not get ? It's mine and it will be under my control and perform the way I decide it will.

why do I need to tell you that apps that do not have exit/close buttons are lazy programming ? When I want an app to close, it had better close - and who in the pc / Linux world wound accept any app that reopened after being closed to perform ANY operation ? have you never checked to see if an Android app you have closed, or for that matter forced shutdown and found that it reopened by itself and was running 1 or more processes ? The type of process or operation does not matter but the fact that it EXISTS in that state DOES, and I have found MANY apps that open after I close them and certainly many that stay open with no exit/close button. Am I too stupid to know when I am done with an app ?

what part of poor performance on the Nexus 7 (or any comparable product with this type of RAM) with simultaneous RAM I/O do you not understand ? Processes like background syncing or downloading updates slow I/O performance of foreground apps and can make the device crawl. AnandTech - The Google Nexus 7 Review and for that matter DRAIN BATTERY LIFE which was the point of this whole discussion. Get It ?

I ALWAYS disable PC "auto"-windows update because it decides to start massive download operations whenever it wants (generally when I want to do something requiring max performance, LOL)
I ALWAYS will run app closers for the same reasons and those mentioned above. There is no significant downside to my controlling my device and significant downside to letting wild wild west days on MY computer.

That simple

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Plenty of people have explained android memory management and app caching already. You get to run your device any way you want.

Your gun, your bullet, your foot. Have fun. ;-)

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt

firebyflint

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
My daughter just charged her brand new nexus tablet 7 and it froze up on her two times in several minutes when she turned it on. I was on here looking for ideas but she said she wants to exchange it at Staples
where it was bought. The first thing she did was disabling location.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sgeneris