Nexus 7 hardware and software problems teaming up to make tablet unusable

Ryan Saade

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
Recently, i noticed that the screen on my Asus Nexus 7 randomly cracked. The tablet was still usable for the most part since only about a third of the screen is broken and unresponsive to touch (from the top of the screen to about the bottom of the volume rocker.) But a few days ago in class, the software got stuck upside. This made it so that it is impossible for me to log in now with my password (numerical). The 1,2, and 3 buttons are usable but the rest aren't. I uninstalled the "Rotation" application that i bought from the play market with hopes that it would go back to the upright portrait mode, like it was before i installed the application, but i was unlucky. My question to you guys is- what do you think i can do to avoid wiping all my data, or how can i back it up first without being able to unlock the tablet? Is there a way to unlock or change the password from my PC? I will send my tablet to Asus if i have to, but i have some important files that i need access to before i let them erase everything. Thanks in advance for any ideas. Id be glad to specify further if need be.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali