Nexus 7 stuck in a literal restart loop, what do I do?

Gregory Bell1

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Nexus 7 stuck in a literal restart loop

My Nexus 7 2013 started going insane (the volume buttons started 'pressing' by them selves) then it shut down. It would then get to the google logo or the 4.4.2 boot animation then it would shut down and do it again. The only way to stop this was to get in to fastboot and tell it to power off. My device is not rooted but it is unlocked so I can flash stock (and I have). After flashing stock it will then power on then turn off after 30 seconds. I have tried recovery and wiping it. My bootloader is unlocked.

Last edited:

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: Nexus 7 stuck in a literal restart loop

Try restarting without the sim once. Then power it down and put the sim card back in, then power it up. Back in the 4.x days this was pretty common. You may also want to turn off fastboot. If it continues to happen you may have a rouge app. Are you using a battery saver or memory saver app? Try turning it off if the problem persists.

Gregory Bell1

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site

I do not have a sim card for my nexus and I can't get to the lock screen so there for I can't tell if it is an app.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

After flashing stock it will then power on then turn off after 30 seconds.
Are you using a toolkit to flash the firmware or doing it from ADB?

When you say 'it will turn off' do you mean that the behavior has changed and it no longer boot loops?

Out of curiosity why are you running an older 4.x firmware rather than the latest 6.x?

Are fastboot and Recovery working correctly?

jessD78

Aug 9, 2016
Visit site

I found that the Nexus after a while does not like to be low on power. If its stuck on the google logo start up screen try this......Press and hold down the power button & volume buttons. A screen will pop up with options to start, shutdown, safe mode. Using the volume button either up or down choose "shut down" by pressing the power button. Plug it into a power source. I plugged into the USB on the computer. For some reason they seem to like this better. Let it charge for about an hour. Then start up the Nexus. If your Nexus is still stuck choose "shut down" and let charge longer. Mine took a couple tries. Once it starts up normal clear the history and cache (since beginning). Then let it charge fully!! The main thing is to let it charge : ))) Hope this helps

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemal