Nexus 7- video buffering / resume

projectgrind

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I have been through the forums and seen video streaming related topics, but none to answer my issue.

I mainly stream video content directly from a website to my Nexus 7

I downloaded a "keep screen" app because when my screen would lock the video would have to restart completely.... I am not able to "fast forward" or skip ahead the stream at all. And if I pause the video for even 3 minutes it seems, I cannot resume from the paused point. I have to start over entirely. In the past with an ipad 2, I could resume from the paused point and skip ahead. It's not like the content is buffering and that's causing an issue.

Just curious if it's just the type of video streaming that we have with Nexus 7...

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Galaxy SIII using Android Central Forums

projectgrind

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
It's a site called pokernetcast.com

They do a live stream Web show and they also have archives (where I am having trouble streaming from my Nexus). I've never had issues on the ipad 2 pausing and fast forwarding the particular archived show.

Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

bigtroutz

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
You might find that using a different player (if possible) will let you resume somewhere else other than the beginning. It's all a question of transmission of an index associated with the playback.

according to mathelm, you can use the app Turbo Download Manager to download or capture the stream but there are plenty others like Freemake that will let you do this as well. You can then use a player like MXplayer that will let you start play wherever you like.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigthangz80