Nexus 9 serial number registration

loston99

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Having lost my Nexus 9 last week, I reported it to police who say they need the serial number, a reasonable request, but I hadn't gone through any steps to record it as I have never had this happen before. Does Google record this information when it seems to get "registered" to my Google account? I can't seem to find a place on their support website to ask this question.

worldspy99

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Having lost my Nexus 9 last week, I reported it to police who say they need the serial number, a reasonable request, but I hadn't gone through any steps to record it as I have never had this happen before. Does Google record this information when it seems to get "registered" to my Google account? I can't seem to find a place on their support website to ask this question.

No harm in calling Google Support and asking them if they can help you. Good luck.

loston99

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Thanks but they say they only have the serial numbers that they sold retail. The good news is that I was able to steam of the Amazon sticker on the box and the serial number was legible. :)