Nexus owners: How's the Android 5.1 update treating you?

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
After running it for a few days now, I'm very much glad that the "recent apps" lag seems to have diminished or disappeared entirely. Pre-5.1, everything would be snappy after a fresh reboot but then recent apps would drag after a few days (sometimes it takes 3 seconds to load any app). Not experiencing that any more and battery life appears to be a smidge better. So far I'm pretty satisfied!

biodorkus

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
Me too! Thought I was going crazy. It was with iPhone users though for me.

The textra Dev is really good though so I assume if there are issues with 5.1 it will get fixed soon.

Posted via Android Central App

Apparently it's a T-Mo issue and not 5.1... just got this from the Textra developer:

"Sorry, but it's actually an issue with T-Mobile sending corrupted MMS (and group messages) causing the issue. T-Mobile have acknowledged the issue and tweeted they are working on a solution. Once they fix it Textra will return to working normally. Hopefully in the next few hours."

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
5.1 Rocks :) Makes me wish I had a Nexus 6 now ;)
Both my 2012 Nexus 7's are running perfectly with 5.1, I cannot wait until the factory image drops on the ASOP page for the Nexus 9 - it's going to be Killer having the bugs squished on that tablet :)

Edit. if things go well with 5.1 (and at this point I don't see how they couldn't) on the N6 I may be tempted to move over to the Nexus 6 as my phone ;)

Last edited:

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
The split black screen still happens in 5.1. I was thinking that this was going to be fixed but I guess not.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 1668.jpg
    1668.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 231

TriBeard92

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
It's been good for the most part, but it seems like it has issues with getting service again after it loses it. I have to put it in airplane mode or reboot it to fix it. I also have some screen glitching or artifacting in Firefox, though that could be an issue with Firefox not the os directly.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
The split black screen still happens in 5.1. I was thinking that this was going to be fixed but I guess not.

I haven't experienced that yet, but damn on 5.0.1 it would happen all the time. It was so annoying.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
5.1 is noticeably more fluid... Everything is more responsive. I had been running custom ROMs, but they had some irritating issues related to some new implementations.. I loaded 5.1 stock and I'm pretty content now.

diamond.g

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Looks like all the cores are active all the time. Since the system doesn't have to spend time waking cores up it has apparently helped with responsiveness.

radicchio

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Some have been reporting back at the following link. It's not encouraging. Scroll down to near the bottom of the page to read the feedback since the release of 5.1.

https://productforums.google.com/fo...c/nexus/other-discussions/nexus-6/9aVUBrwdUZU

I looked at the above link today and there seem to be a few who are reporting that their problem is solved---often by a combination of locating troublesome apps and, possibly, the newest update to 5.1. I hope to see more reports like that.

bold1193

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I looked at the above link today and there seem to be a few who are reporting that their problem is solved---often by a combination of locating troublesome apps and, possibly, the newest update to 5.1. I hope to see more reports like that.

my phone is still rebooting also. Almost constantly now and i have no idea what solution there is...

radicchio

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
my phone is still rebooting also. Almost constantly now and i have no idea what solution there is...

I'm so sorry to hear that----both for you and for me, as my prospects of ever getting this phone seem less and less likely. This is a serious issue and it's been going on for some time. The fact that some people are exchanging their phone only to get another that has random reboots makes me shy away from the N6. A whole new batch of new phones will be out soon and, while none of them draw me in like the N6, I'd rather have a reliable working phone without all the features than one I can't depend on (I mean your Nexus 6, Google!).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ijulnesia