NFC payments

Shadnic

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
I know that sprint is the only carrier officially supporting Google Wallet right now. I'm currently on sprint and considering switching to Verizon for this phone (data speeds are impossibly sad right now), but I was really looking forward to being able to use this phone to pay for things via NFC.

I know that I've read that verizon and the other carriers are backing a company named ISIS when it comes to mobile payments and such, but has anything come of that yet? Are there any current options for using this phone in that way? I've never had an NFC capable phone before so I don't exactly know how many options are out there, and I know it's not a crucial part of having the phone, it just seemed like a kind of cool thing to be able to do :)

rosser

Former Advisor
Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I know that sprint is the only carrier officially supporting Google Wallet right now. I'm currently on sprint and considering switching to Verizon for this phone (data speeds are impossibly sad right now), but I was really looking forward to being able to use this phone to pay for things via NFC.

I know that I've read that verizon and the other carriers are backing a company named ISIS when it comes to mobile payments and such, but has anything come of that yet? Are there any current options for using this phone in that way? I've never had an NFC capable phone before so I don't exactly know how many options are out there, and I know it's not a crucial part of having the phone, it just seemed like a kind of cool thing to be able to do :)

It's not going to come with Google Wallet, as Sprint is the only GSIII to have Wallet, but it will have NFC, and most likely people will find a way to get it on there, just like they did with the Verizon Galaxy Nexus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unknownd