Night Clock Dissapearing

derbypaul

Jun 7, 2016
Visit site
Hi,
i have had my phone 4 days now and every night the night clock vanishes between 2-4am i am having to press the unlock button to make it appear again.has anyone else had this problem? any fixes? thanks.

Swamp55

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
If you are taking about the Always On Display, then you are not alone. Lately, I have noticed the same thing, although I can't say for sure exactly when during the night it happens. I put the phone on the charger and the AOD is displaying fine. But, if I wake up before my alarm goes off, the phone display is completely black. That is annoying, as I'd like to see the time without having to wake the phone.

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
If you are taking about the Always On Display, then you are not alone. Lately, I have noticed the same thing, although I can't say for sure exactly when during the night it happens. I put the phone on the charger and the AOD is displaying fine. But, if I wake up before my alarm goes off, the phone display is completely black. That is annoying, as I'd like to see the time without having to wake the phone.

The always on display can be scheduled to go off between certain times. This is under settings/ display/ always on display. Check to make sure it's not set to go off.

derbypaul

Jun 7, 2016
Visit site
yes on at 2230 and off at 0600 during the night sometimes its off and sometimes its on phone is 5 days old been like it every night.

anon(94650)

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I don't have a fix, but I suspect that the device is going into "Doze" and shutting off the clock, which is why just pressing the unlock button wakes it up. For myself, I think I tried the night clock one night, and then went back to the Always On display, since my phone sits on my wireless charger at night, so I don't know if this I would have the same problem or not. If it is the Doze that is causing this, really don't know what you would do, since it's just in there, with no access to the Doze function that I am aware of.

derbypaul

Jun 7, 2016
Visit site
no thats off i woke up at 3am and the clock had vanished again until i woke and locked the phone, there must be someone else having this issue??

derbypaul

Jun 7, 2016
Visit site
oooh there is an update for AOD version 1.13.14 fixed AOD is off intermittently. Hopefully this will sort it, will let you know in 24 hours :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar