No 25 dollar credit

Jalee2012

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I pre-ordered my Nexus 7 from Futureshop about a month ago, just signed up for google play today, went to buy an app with my 25 dollar credit, and it wasn't there... is anyone else having this problem and how can I fix it? Futureshop has the credit listed on there website, as being included, so that shouldn't be the issue.

This issue has been fixed, thanks for the tips

Last edited:

masterxchief

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
I had to wipe my device and go through the login process again where it prompted me to put a credit card on wallet to get $25 credit, odd thing is that I've had a credit card on file for a while. Might want to give that a shot.

djkleric

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I was told by Google that the only way to get it is to factory reset your device if it doesn't show up initially. I had to do it which bummed me out because I had it all set up already.

Sent from my EVO 4g LTE using Android Central Forums

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Just got mine, turned it on, by connecting to wifi it already knew who I was, synched my google account and then I got a pop up AND an email informing me about my credit. Easiest set up ever.

Jalee2012

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, ya I called google, and they told me I had to reset.. wasn't all that impressed cause I had it looking nice before.. but o well.. got my credit now at least.

glarry

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
I have done factory data reset twice without lucky. I did it thru Setup/Backup&Reset/Factory data reset. Frustrated.

Would you please shed light on how you did the reset and the Google number to call?

vzwty

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I've tried a couple factory resets. I've been emailing google support and they are telling me that the $25 was redemmed on this device, though they can clearly see my google account has never received it. Not sure if I got a unit someone returned or what but that's BS it should be per account, not device.

Jalee2012

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I called 1-855-836-3987, talked to one of there customer support people, and had the issue fixed with in a few mins, I wasn't on hold for very long either.. maybe 10 mins or less.

gazza9

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
I skipped the wallet setup when I started up my Nexus 7, and now cannot find wallet or if I have credit, how do I find this? After setting up my Nexus, I created an online Google wallet account.

If I have to reset and go through the setup process again, will I lose my downloaded Transformer movie or can I re-download this?

miguel1234

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Google's solution to this is to only do re-sets! I never got mine and I just wrote to them and asked them, "how is it that you can not just place the credit on my account?" This is really a rip off in my opinion...resetting your tablet just means spending a lot time putting it back the way it was, and then for many of us, it does not work! :( I suggest everyone keep writing back to them and tell them how dissatisfied you are with their so called customer service!

Joelene Mills

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I never did receive my credit. and Google is refusing to honour it. I purchased and completed my set up back in July. The credit was never given to me, and all my google play purchases were placed on my Credit Card... Purchases were small enough they went unnoticed until now, and Google is refusing to give me the credit. Saying that it is too late because the promo expired in September.

The problem I have is, I did my part according to their timeline. THEY made the mistake not activating the credit and are blaming me for not catching their mistake. Saying it is my fault and too bad so sad.... The are refusing to give me the credit now. I own four nexus 7's. two purchased during the promo and only one received the credit. The other two just purchased this past week, so I understand they will not get the promo, but the one from July should.

Has anyone else had an issue not getting the credit, and managing to get Google to follow through?

NealJ777

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
No. You made the mistake of not making sure that your credit was properly activated within the allotted time frame.

This would be the same as going to a store, buying an item that is eligible for a mail-in rebate, but then failing to mail in the required forms until AFTER the promotion ended. Google doesn't owe you anything. It was your responsibility to make sure that the credit was activated.

therd3

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Wrong Google is screwing people left and right! Reset your tablet is there response. They make it very hard to get you $25.
"Thousands of Nexus 7 owner having difficulty redeeming $25 Google Play credit" I think it's lots more. They stated you have up to a year to use it after Oct.1 2012.

therd3

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone else had an issue not getting the credit. YES!
managing to get Google to follow through? NO!
We all got screwed and did not get too enjoy it!

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone else had an issue not getting the credit. YES!
managing to get Google to follow through? NO!
We all got screwed and did not get too enjoy it!

When did you get your device? I mean it's already mid-March, and they stopped offering the credit in September (it was a promo for early adopters, a compensation of sorts for the subsequent $50 price drop).. It doesn't matter when you purchased the device, just that you set it up before October.

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Wrong Google is screwing people left and right! Reset your tablet is there response. They make it very hard to get you $25.
"Thousands of Nexus 7 owner having difficulty redeeming $25 Google Play credit" I think it's lots more. They stated you have up to a year to use it after Oct.1 2012.

The credit expired ages ago. You don't have a clue what you are talking about.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trexgameaz