No audible sound for Text Messages

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Pixel 6 Pro. Suddenly I am not hearing my notification sound for Google Messages. I hear my phone ring and my alarm sounded just five minutes ago.

Actually, even finding the assigned mp3 is befuddling me! Too many settings and sub-settings.

Any ideas?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings>Apps, select Messages, then Notifications>Incoming Messages. First, make sure it's set to Priority or Default. Then tap Sound and try selecting other tones to see if they play.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What does "incoming messages: about 2 notifications per day" mean?

That's just telling you how many notifications from that category you get per day.

Do Not Disturb is turned off, or isn't scheduled to turn on, right?

Do you have Pixel Buds or other Bluetooth headphones that might be connecting without your knowledge?

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I am hearing email alerts and dialed my phone and it rang.. also ,my alarm reminded me of a zoom meeting an hour ago. So sound is not being shunted elsewhere

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try clearing the app cache for Google Messages in Settings>Apps, then Force Stop it. If that doesn't help, then you could also clear the app data, but I'm not sure if that will wipe out any saved message threads you might have.

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Will try in the morning.

Cleared the cache but not overall data. Still no sounds from Messages. Very odd and somewhat irritating.

Last edited:

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Okay, this is now weird. Yesterday, I noticed that I was not hearing "sounds" for emails, as well, as Message texts. But this morning, while in my den, next door to the room with my Pixel Charging stand, I heard my phone alerts to both emails and texts while the phone sat on the charger. I took it off the charger and now I don't hear those alerts. I put it back on and they are still GONE. What the heck?

I will remove the charger from BT devices and keep playing. Actually, I seem to have had TWO charging stations. Plain Vanilla charger and charger II. I also turned off my Pixel Watch which shares notices and email/message receipt with phone. I also removed all scheduled "Do Not Disturbs" (which will wake me at night!!)

But in the mean time anyone have ideas???????

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It might be the watch. Open your Watch app on your phone, then Notifications>Mute Notifications. Are the toggles for "Mute phone calls" and "Mute notifications" under the Phone category turned on?

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It might be the watch. Open your Watch app on your phone, then Notifications>Mute Notifications. Are the toggles for "Mute phone calls" and "Mute notifications" under the Phone category turned on?

By George (maybe it's time for By Charles!), I think that may be the solution. More testing probably is in order. I don't recall me changing those settings and I've had the watch since before Christmas. But maybe I did or maybe some update did. Or a poltergist. One just never knows. But somewhere in the last month or six weeks, suddenly texts were not chiming. Then I realized emails were silent, too.

Now, how the heck do you know all this stuff? I know, being a moderator empowers you with all kinds of knowledge.

THANKS (so far)

• Haha
Reactions: J Dubbs

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
By George (maybe it's time for By Charles!), I think that may be the solution. More testing probably is in order. I don't recall me changing those settings and I've had the watch since before Christmas. But maybe I did or maybe some update did. Or a poltergist. One just never knows. But somewhere in the last month or six weeks, suddenly texts were not chiming. Then I realized emails were silent, too.

Now, how the heck do you know all this stuff? I know, being a moderator empowers you with all kinds of knowledge.

THANKS (so far)

I've been using Wear OS ever since it was called Android Wear, so I'm attuned to these kinds of oddities.:)

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've been using Wear OS ever since it was called Android Wear, so I'm attuned to these kinds of oddities.:)

Fair enough!

Now, how do I RE-ADD my Yahoo email account to my BB Inbox. I gather I need to generate some unique password. Which I DID HAVE. But it stopped working. Now when I attempt to generate that needed password, I get a prompt "that feature is not available at this time" or similar. I gather that they want me to use 2-factor. But will that always require a text message with a code that I have to respond with each time I use it??? (by the way, I love when I get a prompt "send a text" and they want to use my LAND line (which does not do text) and no option to provide another phone number. But I digress (as usual).

(edited to add: can you tell I am stir crazy from not enough exercise???)

• Haha

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Yup, just followed your link (which led to where I was before) and get this ""Sorry, this feature is not available right now!

I did manage to add Yahoo mail as an app to the BB Inbox and finally a Yahoo email shows up but upon tapping, it opens Yahoo mail and I liked the old way - all within the BB Inbox. When I try adding Yahoo as a normal email account (as I did with two gmail accounts), it won't authenticate. Ah, well, nothing is perfect :-$

spARTacus

Sep 9, 2018
Visit site
If the Crackberry Forum folks (those left) can't help you overcome the problem with your accounts in Hub/Inbox, then no one can. I'd not even bother with an email to BlackBerry.

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I found this, with the most recent post being 2/26/23, so it's current: https://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-key2-f472/problem-adding-yahoo-mail-hub-1187248/

Try emailing Blackberry support: bbappsupport@blackberry.com

I guess I should have looked there. I was an Ambassador there for years. I even, as I put it, raised my virtual hand to go to Barcelona for the KeyOne debut and was selected. It was a very fun five day trip. I was trying to prove that an old guy could do Europe and back in five days four or five months after a hip replacement. Oh, yeah and see the revolutionary KeyOne. Talk about digression!!!

IMG_20170225_1923452.jpg

IMG_20170225_1928182.jpg

The Basílica i Temple Expiatori de la Sagrada Família

IMG_4805.jpg

Joan Miro Museum

IMG_4886.jpg

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I guess I should have looked there. I was an Ambassador there for years. I even, as I put it, raised my virtual hand to go to Barcelona for the KeyOne debut and was selected. It was a very fun five day trip. I was trying to prove that an old guy could do Europe and back in five days four or five months after a hip replacement. Oh, yeah and see the revolutionary KeyOne. Talk about digression!!!

View attachment 352301

View attachment 352302

The Basílica i Temple Expiatori de la Sagrada Família

View attachment 352303

Joan Miro Museum

View attachment 352304

That must've been a fantastic whirlwind trip! Barcelona is my favorite European city. I've been to that Miro museum as well, along with Sagrada Familia!

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
That must've been a fantastic whirlwind trip! Barcelona is my favorite European city. I've been to that Miro museum as well, along with Sagrada Familia!

It was quite a fun trip. And paid for by others!!!! That was the first and only (so far) time to Barcelona. And I was last in Spain over 50 years ago! That museum was fantastic. I think five days helped me avoid jet lag. :D Oh, and I got a free KeyOne in the bargain.

And back on topic. I seem to be getting audible alerts for email and texts. THANKS.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae