No dark them in Gmail

Ditendra09

Dec 20, 2020
Visit site
I posted about this issue both in Google community and my phone's manufacturer's forum, still not a single useful answer.
I have this phone: Redmi S2 with android 9, my wife has Redmi 5 plus and my mother has Redmi 6. None of us have "dark theme" in our Gmail's options. Our Gmail's are up to date. I really don't understand what is going on and why we don't have it in options. On Google community, they told me that it's been a year since Google released this feature in Gmail. I was shocked, because I never received it. They asked me to ask this question in my phone's manufacturer's website. One guy with his Samsung phone also confirmed that he didn't have this option either. Later, I asked about it in my manufacturer's forum. One guy said that I needed android 9. Well, I told him that I already had an android 9, but still don't have it. Later, he also replied that he also doesn't have it. So, someone tell me what's going on? Is dark them for Gmail already released? If yes, why I don't have it?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I posted about this issue both in Google community and my phone's manufacturer's forum, still not a single useful answer.
I have this phone: Redmi S2 with android 9, my wife has Redmi 5 plus and my mother has Redmi 6. None of us have "dark theme" in our Gmail's options. Our Gmail's are up to date. I really don't understand what is going on and why we don't have it in options. On Google community, they told me that it's been a year since Google released this feature in Gmail. I was shocked, because I never received it. They asked me to ask this question in my phone's manufacturer's website. One guy with his Samsung phone also confirmed that he didn't have this option either. Later, I asked about it in my manufacturer's forum. One guy said that I needed android 9. Well, I told him that I already had an android 9, but still don't have it. Later, he also replied that he also doesn't have it. So, someone tell me what's going on? Is dark them for Gmail already released? If yes, why I don't have it?
Hi, welcome to AC!
On my Samsung Note 20U , open Gmail app go to settings then general and at very top tap theme and pick default or dark mode .Screenshot_20201220-114029_Gmail.jpeg

Ditendra09

Dec 20, 2020
Visit site
Hi, thanks for the reply. Yes, they told me about it on Google community, but the thing is that I don't have it there. See my screenshots:
message-89557547-17901982431375726871.jpg
message-89557547-14106394760059725120.jpg

Ditendra09

Dec 20, 2020
Visit site
This one:
Screenshot-2020-12-20-22-04-24-012-com-miui-securitycenter.jpg

Ditendra09

Dec 20, 2020
Visit site
This is very weird and I was told that it's been year that Google released this dark mode for Gmail app and I just found out about it and still don't have it. I don't even know who's fault is this, Google's or manufacturers. How can I contact Gmail devs about this?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
This is very weird and I was told that it's been year that Google released this dark mode for Gmail app and I just found out about it and still don't have it. I don't even know who's fault is this, Google's or manufacturers. How can I contact Gmail devs about this?
Try this

Open the Google Play Store app .

Browse or search for the app.

Tap the app to open the detail page.

Tap Developer contact.

Scroll down to review the contact information listed and email them

Ditendra09

Dec 20, 2020
Visit site
Thanks for trying to help. I did it & sent them an email. In a few seconds I got this automated reply:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Google.

You have emailed to an address that is no longer being monitored.

To get help, please visit https://support.google.com/.

So, basically I can't contact them & their community is useless. Only one person replied 2ho apparently wasn't even Google representative & could not help. It's becoming harder & harder to reach out Google devs & it's very annoying.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for trying to help. I did it & sent them an email. In a few seconds I got this automated reply:

Hello,

So, basically I can't contact them & their community is useless. Only one person replied 2ho apparently wasn't even Google representative & could not help. It's becoming harder & harder to reach out Google devs & it's very annoying.

Sorry :(
Your welcome!

SeanD_Colorado

Nov 13, 2019
Visit site

Hello,

I know it is a bit of a pain, because you would have to reset up your account (s), but have you tried uninstalling and re-installing the Gmail app?

It might resolve with a fresh install.

Ditendra09

Dec 20, 2020
Visit site
Sean, I just checked and it seems you can't uninstall Gmail. You can uninstall only updates. Another guy on a Google community told me that Google reps don't check their community. So, basically, Gmail devs, disabled their contacting via email and instead they want me to use their community, but they don't check this community either, in short, they don't want any contact with customers. This is very sad and frustrating. Google is becoming more like some mystery, non-existing company where you can't reach out for humans anymore, but some automated bots.

Last edited:

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Sean, I just checked and it seems you can't uninstall Gmail. You can uninstall only updates. Another guy on a Google community told me that Google reps don't check their community. So, basically, Gmail devs, disabled their contacting via email and instead they want me to use their community, but they don't check this community either, in short, they don't want any contact with customers. This is very said and frustrating. Google is becoming more like some mystery, non-existing company where you can't reach out for humans anymore, but some automated bots.
It is pretty shocking to be honest.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Sean, I just checked and it seems you can't uninstall Gmail. You can uninstall only updates. Another guy on a Google community told me that Google reps don't check their community. So, basically, Gmail devs, disabled their contacting via email and instead they want me to use their community, but they don't check this community either, in short, they don't want any contact with customers. This is very said and frustrating. Google is becoming more like some mystery, non-existing company where you can't reach out for humans anymore, but some automated bots.

It sucks when companies get so big that customer service no longer matters to them :-\

Ditendra09

Dec 20, 2020
Visit site
J Dubbs, Exactly. This is what is happening to Google as we see.

They moved my thread to the android forum in hope that some helpers can contact the developers if they see problem. And I was told that there is no way to contact developers. This is the exact reply:

"Ditendra

Moving you to Android help Forum. Maybe they can help? But no way for you to contact the developers; if there is a problem, the helpers there can contact the developers. The folk at the Android forum will make this judgement.

Follow this existing thread for the current issue; no need to post a new thread.

Please use https://support.google.com/android/thread/new?hl=en if, in future, another Android problem arises. Not necessary for this current issue!"

john_v

Q&A Team
Dec 29, 2010
Visit site

This might seem like a dumb question, but are you able to enable dark mode on your phone itself?

https://www.hardreset.info/devices/xiaomi/xiaomi-redmi-s2/faq/faq/dark-mode-xiaomi/

SeanD_Colorado

Nov 13, 2019
Visit site
Sean, I just checked and it seems you can't uninstall Gmail. You can uninstall only updates. Another guy on a Google community told me that Google reps don't check their community. So, basically, Gmail devs, disabled their contacting via email and instead they want me to use their community, but they don't check this community either, in short, they don't want any contact with customers. This is very sad and frustrating. Google is becoming more like some mystery, non-existing company where you can't reach out for humans anymore, but some automated bots.
I see what you are saying. So much for that thought.

I have seen a few posts where people where able to get it to work by doing a Force Stop on the app. But that seems to apply to people who had Dark Mode and then had it later disappear. I haven't seen anyone say that it has worked when they have not had the option to begin with.

Ditendra09

Dec 20, 2020
Visit site
Just in case, I forced it to stop, cleared all data and also uninstalled updates. Then I installed updates again from the official playstore page. It's still white and no "theme" in options.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000