No December update for my Pixel 3, so far

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
No, they're not - it's been available at Google | Full OTA Images for Nexus and Pixel Devices (and the full ROM at the same site - upper left corner to switch) I think late on the 2nd (although I didn't download it until the 3rd - I was busy).

The Fi P3s may be far down on the list for some reason. (I've never figured out how the carriers and manufacturers decide those lists - serial numbers? Purchase dates? I've downloaded and updated manually since the first one on my Note 3. [I did an OTA once - on my P2 - and it bricked the phone, so I had to do it manually anyway. And, since I always do a Nandroid backup before any major change, I didn't lose anything.])
I side loaded mine (TMobile SIM) couple weeks back. My comment was in regards to OTA push. Google IS holding that back on so many users/phones.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
You can't rule out TMo being an issue with the update since Fi will automatically use TMo service when needed. Facts are that no one here has got the update if they're on TMo or Fi. Some on TMo have got the update by pulling or switching sims. The common factor with not getting the update is having Tmo service. I don't believe this is a coincidence.
I hear you. But I also removed my SIM and tried multiple checks on WIFI only and nothing, nada! So who knows what the heck is going on. I side loaded it couple weeks back. Good here.

Gdraft#WN

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
hahahahaha. you said rollout.

P3 update went the way of all of Googles other ideas.

after a few months they move on to something new and either close down or discontinue the older service.

Worse than a cat with a laser pointer

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
hahahahaha. you said rollout.

P3 update went the way of all of Googles other ideas.

after a few months they move on to something new and either close down or discontinue the older service.

Worse than a cat with a laser pointer

That's a bit of a reach, don't you think? This has happened a few times in the past, and it never meant the end of timely updates. Until a pattern is established, I chalk this up to being an occasional glitch in the system. If I don't get the January update, then it's time to start hounding Google more.

Gdraft#WN

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of their phones.. But Google as a company has a huge issue of making promises, then not delivering, or "changing their mind"

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I see your point when it comes to the various apps and services they come up with and then abandon. I just don't see this happening with Pixel phone updates.

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My P3 was bought through Fi. I could not get the update until I put my VZW SIM .

That's what I did about a week ago. I am on Google Fi. My BB KeyOne is on Verizon. I pulled the card from the KeyOne and put it in the Pixel3 and got the update. Very odd release process from Google.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Would there be anything difference in the software if you use another carrier sim?
I would rather side load than doing this monkey business lol. Seriously, it take 15 minutes to side load OTA file.

Last edited:

Easton091

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Heard this was the last update for the original pixel. Maybe some one made a mistake and turned off some of the 3's as well. haha

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Not getting it might be a blessing in disguise. I went back to my 6T today because I'm having so many little quarks with my Pixel 3 since side loading the December update. Probably going to run this until the January update.

I forgot how good the 6T was in a lot of ways. Way faster and I think the screen is better. Like the software way more too. It's just so dang big. I hate the size.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Not getting it might be a blessing in disguise. I went back to my 6T today because I'm having so many little quarks with my Pixel 3 since side loading the December update. Probably going to run this until the January update.

I forgot how good the 6T was in a lot of ways. Way faster and I think the screen is better. Like the software way more too. It's just so dang big. I hate the size.
Interesting, I sideloaded about 3 weeks ago and zero issues. Agree though on the 6T. Oxygen OS is kick butt. Pixel 3 xl is my daily driver because of the camera. Can't live without it.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Interesting, I sideloaded about 3 weeks ago and zero issues. Agree though on the 6T. Oxygen OS is kick butt. Pixel 3 xl is my daily driver because of the camera. Can't live without it.
Camera and the size of the Pixel 3 are what keep me on it. That's it. Honestly if OnePlus or Nokia make a device of similar size next year with a camera that's close, I'm probably out on the Pixel line. Based on the leak I saw on the Pixel 4a having a damn hole punch I won't be buying that.

As for the issues, lots of freezing and lag. It will dial out to people in my favorite contacts randomly when sitting on my desk or table or whatever and make calls when I'm not touching it. The gesture navigation seems to be the cause of the freezing and lag. Probably because I'm using Nova but it shouldn't matter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ateeq625