No internet while charging

Michael Waskelis

Sep 29, 2018
Visit site
Anyone else having this problem? If I am on the internet,either by Wi-Fi or network, and am getting low on battery power and need to plug it in, every single time I try to charge while online, my online access ceases. I will simply have no internet connection.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Does it come back (or can you get it back) once you've gotten some charge into the phone? If yes, I'd guess that you're letting the battery run way too far down (anything under 40%).

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Anyone else having this problem? If I am on the internet,either by Wi-Fi or network, and am getting low on battery power and need to plug it in, every single time I try to charge while online, my online access ceases. I will simply have no internet connection.
I would also swap out your cable, and make sure it is snug. Not damaged or dirty.

What app(s) are you using to get on internet?

Clear it's cache in Setting Apps app_name Storage, and in the app's built-in settings

If not using Samsung Internet give it a try and enable extensions for ad blocking.

If Chrome or others check what extensions.

It would be nice to know if anything is running a task that shouldn't be there or that is too high.

If not using Adguard.com VPN consider that.
Public WiFi is generally not to be trusted without a VPN and other security steps.

Assume it's 9.0. After a major OS update clearing cache or factory reset helps.

Jade Manzana

Mar 3, 2023
Visit site

I'm in the same predicament, it's been happrnfor a few months but no idea why. If you unplug your phone from charger to load a Web page then put charger back in mine just seizes amd refuses to load the rest of the page

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the same predicament, it's been happrnfor a few months but no idea why. If you unplug your phone from charger to load a Web page then put charger back in mine just seizes amd refuses to load the rest of the page

Welcome to Android Central! This is an old thread for a long-defunct phone -- are you actually still using an Essential Phone, or some other device?

Have you already tried a different charging plug/cable?

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Hey come on. The essential phone is still a pretty okay phone, Good enough for a backup phone. Mind you it is running a custom ROM and I maybe charge and start it up twice a year.
Man it feels so good in the hand. That ceramic back is like silk.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hey come on. The essential phone is still a pretty okay phone, Good enough for a backup phone. Mind you it is running a custom ROM and I maybe charge and start it up twice a year.
Man it feels so good in the hand. That ceramic back is like silk.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Fair enough! At least Essential supported it up to Android 10, which is pretty awesome considering it started with 7.1.1. It'd still be good to clarify if that member is talking about an Essential Phone, or something else.:)