No MMS on Straight Talk

hawgs911

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Hello All,

I recieved my ST Sim about a week ago and have been using the service ever since. The biggest issues I seem yo have is not being able to send or recieve MMS texts. I just says"sending" forever and never sends.

I was on the phone for about an hour with ST support today and they tried everything on their end and mine they could think of and nothing seems to fix it.

Also, Next to my signal bars there is a letter 'H." That usually always there. The ST Tech is certain that it should be saying 3G (not sure)

I am starting to wonder if it may be a problem with my particular unit and and thinking about asking fro a replacement. Has anyone else had this issue?

Any advice?

saeufer

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Hello All,

I recieved my ST Sim about a week ago and have been using the service ever since. The biggest issues I seem yo have is not being able to send or recieve MMS texts. I just says"sending" forever and never sends.

I was on the phone for about an hour with ST support today and they tried everything on their end and mine they could think of and nothing seems to fix it.

Also, Next to my signal bars there is a letter 'H." That usually always there. The ST Tech is certain that it should be saying 3G (not sure)

I am starting to wonder if it may be a problem with my particular unit and and thinking about asking fro a replacement. Has anyone else had this issue?

Any advice?

The ST tech support person is wrong. It should definitely say H (which stands for HSPA), not 3G. If you can't send MMS with the built-in messaging app, most likely your APN settings are wrong. Check around on here or on ST's website for the correct APN settings, which are different depending on whether you're on AT&T or T-Mobile's network.

If your web access works, there's nothing wrong with your phone.

hawgs911

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
So after spending couple hours trying different APNs. Ones I found on this site, ones the ST tech gave me, and others I googled. I finally found a set up that works for me. Hope it helps

APN: att.mvno
Proxy : wireless.cingular.com
Port: 80
MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS Port: 80
MCC: 310
MMC: 410
APN Type: default,supl,mms
APN Protocol: IPv4
APN Roaming: IPv4

Ace Deuce

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
So after spending couple hours trying different APNs. Ones I found on this site, ones the ST tech gave me, and others I googled. I finally found a set up that works for me. Hope it helps

APN: att.mvno
Proxy : wireless.cingular.com
Port: 80
MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS Port: 80
MCC: 310
MMC: 410
APN Type: default,supl,mms
APN Protocol: IPv4
APN Roaming: IPv4

I have tried so many different APN's, and this is the first one to work for me since I got my phone (about a month ago). I have mine setup with the two APN's, one for regular data and one for MMS. I added your info to the one for MMS, and now everything works perfectly.

Cory Tobin

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem on the Nexus 4. Here are my APN settings that work

Name:
straight talk
APN:
att.mvno
Proxy:
proxy.mvno.tracfone.com
Port:
Username:
not set
Password:
not set
Server:
not set
MMSC:
http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS Proxy:
MMS Port:
MCC:
MNC:
Authentication Type:
PAP
APN Type:
default,supl,mms
APN: protocol:
IPv4
APN Roaming Protocol:
IPv4
Bearer:
unspecified

TraceguyRune

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I am sorry for bumping this thread, but I would like to point out that after rooting my nexus 4 I lost the APN settings and spend a couple hours tonight messing around with different APN settings.

The settings that @Cory Tobin has posted have worked 100%

Dan Hunt2

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Hello All,

Any advice?
Try typing *#*#4636#*#* on your phone key pad. That will bring up a testing screen. Go to SIM Phone information. Scroll down to SMSC , If it doesn't say +13123149810, put it in there and hit update. That is the message centre number for straight talk at&t. I tried all the different apn setting, and this worked for messaging , MMS AND SMS. My internet is working with regular apn setting. Hope this helps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armydudeJC