No more S20 Ultra for me...

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I didnt interpret it the way you did but I could certainly understand how you came to that conclusion.
Just wanting to make sure I clarify didn't do it intentionally, even if I did, I'm expecting a phone, not a check. They sent me the ultra 128. I was going to accept keeping the one they sent to me and refunding me the $249 deductible. The supervisor came on and offered the $1,400 check, I shut my mouth and said thank you.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Just wanting to make sure I clarify didn't do it intentionally, even if I did, I'm expecting a phone, not a check. They sent me the ultra 128. I was going to accept keeping the one they sent to me and refunding me the $249 deductible. The supervisor came on and offered the $1,400 check, I shut my mouth and said thank you.
I would have done the same.

Hamzahh1

Jun 13, 2020
Visit site
I crashed my Ultra's screen, too. It fell off the table. I dropped my Huawei P20 so many times, it never broke. Anyways, I had insurance. I had to pay total 100$ to fix it. The insurance covered 200$. The phone is big and a bit heavy. So the chances are higher for it to break than smaller phones.

On the side note, I would purchase the phone again if I had to. I like the camera very much. Here is a picture I took with it.

Last edited:

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
My phone fell off the dash yesterday and cracked the screen and the screen is not very responsive now. I fortunately had asurion insurance on it.. but there are no ultra 512's to be found, Verizon, best buy, Samsung, normal routes that insurance would go thru.

They are sending me a check for $1,400 for replacement, I can buy any phone I want to, just have to send the receipt in when I do buy one. Looks like I'll be buying the note 20+ 512 version and be paying cash for it. Not bad since I was going to probably buy the note 20+ anyway.

Try U-break-I-Fix it's a lot cheaper to repair.
If you have one in your area. They have ways of getting screens that others can't.
Hope all goes well

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I crashed my Ultra's screen, too. It fell off the table. I dropped my Huawei P20 so many times, it never broke. Anyways, I had insurance. I had to pay total 100$ to fix it. The insurance covered 200$. The phone is big and a bit heavy. So the chances are higher for it to break than smaller phones.

On the side note, I would purchase the phone again if I had to. I like the camera very much. Here is a picture I took with it.

Your link is not working

dtones39

Jul 1, 2017
Visit site
This post is a little old but I just came across it. I have Samsung Care+ on my Note 10+, cracked the screen. I opened a claim with them and here's where the nightmare starts. When I first talked to them, they said I could take it in to get fixed or they would send me a replacement. I opted for the replacement since there was some cosmetic damage too. Says the replacement is in backorder 3-5 days, which I was fine with.

5 days later, phone still on backorder called them back and my deductible fell off so I was no longer in queue and that I would have to wait another 3-5 days. I said fine, ill just take it in to get fixed so I could have my phone back, was then told this was not an option. So now, it's been over 2 weeks, I can't get a replacement, can't send it in to get fixed and can't go to a store to get fixed, what is going on!

How long before they finally sent you the check? This is absolutely ridiculous, I will never get premium care again and wouldn't of had I known Asurion was the provider.

RapidTurtle

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I never buy any of the insurance. It's a total rip off. The monthly cost, plus a deductable. You can really just buy an older phone, or keep an old phone as a backup.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
This post is a little old but I just came across it. I have Samsung Care+ on my Note 10+, cracked the screen. I opened a claim with them and here's where the nightmare starts. When I first talked to them, they said I could take it in to get fixed or they would send me a replacement. I opted for the replacement since there was some cosmetic damage too. Says the replacement is in backorder 3-5 days, which I was fine with.

5 days later, phone still on backorder called them back and my deductible fell off so I was no longer in queue and that I would have to wait another 3-5 days. I said fine, ill just take it in to get fixed so I could have my phone back, was then told this was not an option. So now, it's been over 2 weeks, I can't get a replacement, can't send it in to get fixed and can't go to a store to get fixed, what is going on!

How long before they finally sent you the check? This is absolutely ridiculous, I will never get premium care again and wouldn't of had I known Asurion was the provider.
I had the check in a week. Tell them give the the s20 ultra. Unless you use the S pen a lot, that's actually a upgrade that should honor.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I never buy any of the insurance. It's a total rip off. The monthly cost, plus a deductable. You can really just buy an older phone, or keep an old phone as a backup.
I do keep a older phone as backup. Most people don't know there's a $6 month option just for accident and lost coverage, they buy the expensive one the carriers push. I get what you're saying, I've said the same thing. But $1,500 phones are changing my tune a little bit. It's definitely a toss up.

dtones39

Jul 1, 2017
Visit site
So, finally got some movement. Called back after waiting the 5 days. The lady tried to tell me that sometimes you have to wait 7 business days and now with covid, up to 10 days. I was not buying this excuse, this wasn't told to me the 3 other times I called and the last person said if it wasn't in stock by yesterday, then they would do something else. Finally got them to check for a different option and while on hold, the call got disconnected.

Called back and talked to a different person, they said they had given me the Note 20 as a comparable model. I said no way, that is not a comparable model and $300 less than what my phone cost. This person was awesome though and started naming off other options. I said I'd be happy with the s20 ultra or the note 20 ultra. They didn't have any in stock of the s20 ultra and the note 20 ultra was on backorder, but would probably get some in sooner since its the newest model. I opted for the note 20 ultra and wait another 3-5 days. So, hopefully I get the note 20 ultra! If I don't have it in the 3-5 days, I'm going to argue for the check.

I had the check in a week. Tell them give the the s20 ultra. Unless you use the S pen a lot, that's actually a upgrade that should honor.