No, no, no.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: GingerRoot OS (ZVD) Released

Thank You! Lol you just helped me out there A LOT because I couldn't find the LG Boot nor the location of the sprint nuisance.

Try this. Make sure you delete the start up sound too, found

system\sounds\poweron

Just delete poweron folder

rnorris97

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site

All I was doing was making sure you didn't run afoul of any laws or rules. That's the last thing I'll say on the matter.

I didn't mean it like that...I just don't want no one to doubt me right now. I'm trying. Everything was okay until you said "...REAL Cease and Desist..." . It implied that you thought i was lying about it. I got self-defensive.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Just to interject real quick into the conversation.

1. We have no rule against someone doing a placeholder for a ROM/Theme/Mod as long as its done within a reasonable time frame (I think we all know what I mean there..)

2. Anyone who is truly involved this much into working on a ROM should know what general development rules & AC's development rules to abide by so keep those in mind and you will be fine.

Good luck.

Reactions: jondevere

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't get why you put REAL in capital letters, because it was REAL just a scam I guess. I don't know yet.

And all ROMs have problems thats why I called it an alpha.

Just a side note: people on this forum have feelings too... :( :'(

everyones being negative torwards you i personally think your doing a good job keep it up

Sent from futuristic optimus s

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I didn't mean it like that...I just don't want no one to doubt me right now. I'm trying. Everything was okay until you said "...REAL Cease and Desist..." . It implied that you thought i was lying about it. I got self-defensive.

I don't think he meant it that way. I believe he meant real as in one from Google, not that shady law firm.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

You assumed, and you know what they say about assuming... ;)

It didn't imply anything. I didn't mean that I thought you didn't REALLY receive the letter, rather that I thought it wasn't actually from the law firm stated on the letter. Meaning you got scammed.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site

if people were nicer he would have stayed

True, but how nice must they be for him to stay?
From what I have seen, I must defend the members and say that they were patient with him. As was stated, he released a tool that someone else wrote. Drew and the other forum members were extremely helpful with the cease and desist letter that he received and never once said anything derogatory to him on that thread. Then he came here and posted a froyo/gingerbread ROM that was not even working and had dubious origins. It is not like it was a half-working ICS rom, which would be understandable due to its bugs, it was a half working froyo ROM...
There was a negative reception to this ROM for several reasons:
first was that he created a ROM thread without a working ROM unlike most who are thorough enough with their work to patiently test and have everything ready before hitting the submit button... there is a professionalism that comes with dev-ing. I am not a full fledged developer and I doubt I will ever have that little blue thing under my avatar, but I take pride in the little development I do do, and I wait to submit work until it has been tested. Second is that he posted it without a thorough explanation as to what it was about, once again not extremely professional.
Third, there was not explanation as to its origins or its code. Fourth, despite what one may say, it is suspicious when someone posts a tool made by someone else, receives a C&D, and then posts a sourceless ROM... now you can see the doubt that your devs had.

I am sorry that this member had to go like this, but sometimes you need a thicker skin. Go look at the first few posts on my resurrected bumblebee... Most of them were "Why this dead rom?" "You didn't do anything special." I am a huge believer in being kind to people, but there are times when you have to say things...

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
True, but how nice must they be for him to stay?
From what I have seen, I must defend the members and say that they were patient with him. As was stated, he released a tool that someone else wrote. Drew and the other forum members were extremely helpful with the cease and desist letter that he received and never once said anything derogatory to him on that thread. Then he came here and posted a froyo/gingerbread ROM that was not even working and had dubious origins. It is not like it was a half-working ICS rom, which would be understandable due to its bugs, it was a half working froyo ROM...
There was a negative reception to this ROM for several reasons:
first was that he created a ROM thread without a working ROM unlike most who are thorough enough with their work to patiently test and have everything ready before hitting the submit button... there is a professionalism that comes with dev-ing. I am not a full fledged developer and I doubt I will ever have that little blue thing under my avatar, but I take pride in the little development I do do, and I wait to submit work until it has been tested. Second is that he posted it without a thorough explanation as to what it was about, once again not extremely professional.
Third, there was not explanation as to its origins or its code. Fourth, despite what one may say, it is suspicious when someone posts a tool made by someone else, receives a C&D, and then posts a sourceless ROM... now you can see the doubt that your devs had.

I am sorry that this member had to go like this, but sometimes you need a thicker skin. Go look at the first few posts on my resurrected bumblebee... Most of them were "Why this dead rom?" "You didn't do anything special." I am a huge believer in being kind to people, but there are times when you have to say things...

i understand

Sent from futuristic optimus s

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
my question is why is anyone still developing for zvd?

Well to be truthful, zvd is a more reliable baseband. We have loads of members still rocking reborn and cm7. But at this point something would have to be ground breaking to get a following again on zvd

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zalauf