No Operating System on my Sprint Galaxy S3!?!? Help!!

James Green3

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
when i go into recovery mode on my S3, it goes into Team Win recovery and everything on my device has been clear n erased. But my sd card wasnt plugged in all the way and i wasnt able to backup n save my OS onto the card. so here is my problem, I tried to factory reset and when i go to reboot, it warns me that i have no OS on the devise. someone please help me to get an operating system back onto my devise so i can actually turn it on and use it!!?!?!?!

Last edited by a moderator:

klokateer123

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: No Operating System on my sprint galaxy s3!?!? Help!!

If you can still get into recovery then you should still be able to mount your sd card to your computer. Then from there download a Rom and put it in the root of the sd card then flash it.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Android Central Forums

James Green3

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

tried this with many different roms ranging from the original stock rom to custom roms in recovery, it says installing, but one second later it finishes and when i go to reboot it says "no os installed" nothing will install correctly. Even tried to install all these in .tar files thru odin and every single one fails every time. Ever since the first rom failed thru odin i cant even get into recovery anymore.. when i go to get into recovery instead of loading it the phone just says "firmware upgrade encountered an issue. please select recovery mode in kies and try again." Usb debugging was never checked before i lost my os, maybe this has something to do with it? So now that i cant get into recovery and odin always fails how can i install a rom? Even tried to reinstall a recovery thu odin and that fails aswell.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

Your first post says it goes into Team Win Recovery, but the one above says you can't get into recovery. Which is it? What version of the phone do you have? You might want to post in the rooting forum for that particular phone, rather than in the general S3 forum.

I assume you're booting into download mode, and not recovery, when you try to load a ROM through Odin?

James Green3

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

it did go into teanwin, but after trying to install .tar files thru odin now it no longer goes into teamwin recovery.. when i try to go to recovery now it just says "firmware upgrade encountered an issue. please select recovery mode in kies and try again." i have no idea what this means or why recovery wont work now.. i have samsung SPH-L710. yes i was booting into download mode when i tried to load a rom thu odin.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

What if you can't get into recovery . then what do you do ??
If you can't get into Recovery mode then see if you can boot into Download mode. If that works then it should be possible to reload the firmware on the phone, using either the Kies software or a tool called Odin.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

Jr Stroik

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site

it did go into teanwin, but after trying to install .tar files thru odin now it no longer goes into teamwin recovery.. when i try to go to recovery now it just says "firmware upgrade encountered an issue. please select recovery mode in kies and try again." i have no idea what this means or why recovery wont work now.. i have samsung SPH-L710. yes i was booting into download mode when i tried to load a rom thu odin.

I am encountering the same issue. I pulled the battery then put the device into download mode. Via ODIN, I flashed twrp recovery. That worked so I can enter recovery. I still cannot install a ROM so if anyone can help, that would be great.

Thanx in advance

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

I still cannot install a ROM
You cannot install a ROM via Recovery or via Odin? What ROM are you trying to install (a link please)?

What version firmware was on the phone before you got into this mess?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

Jr Stroik

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site

You cannot install a ROM via Recovery or via Odin? What ROM are you trying to install (a link please)?

What version firmware was on the phone before you got into this mess?

I had MOAR 6 installed. Once I got the twrp installed, I was able to install 6 and 7, but I can't install any other rom. Ive been trying to install the beanstalk kit Kat rom.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz