No OS, using TWRP

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I take it you've also tried to flash the rom via adb? I wouldn't expect this to work, but you never know. If you can use the tools you have to fix the partition, you may be able to force the stock rom back on there. Again, I'm no Kindle expert or anything so I'm not sure and running out of options. I'll research this a lot more when I get time and see what I can come up with as possible alternatives.

anon(5140585)

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I have tried to flash through ADB, but again... nothing works because nothing can find the system/bin directory. I am trying to search for a fix to restore the partition that holds the OS, which from what I found, is the system/bin area. I looked at SoupKit, and I am currently downloading uBuntu and make my laptop a dual boot. SoupKit requires uBuntu. This is frustrating, but I appreciate your help and time.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm happy to spend some time. I've been using Ubuntu full time for over a year now. It's great for modifying Android devices, which is the only reason I log on my laptop anymore. I hope SoupKit can provide some support. What your problem requires is a tool, and I'm not familiar enough with Kindles to know the specific tools as I am with Samsung (Odin) for example. I'll look around when I have time to invest in it. My daughter has been needy today, so my attention has mainly been there. Sorry I can't devote a few hours to finding an adequate solution.

anon(5140585)

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
understand, family is priority, same here! I have used uBuntu in the past, but once I create a dual boot and try SoupKit, I will post my results. Thanks again!

anon(5140585)

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
So I received my factory cable and was able to install TWRP and root. Tried the STOCK zip, said it finished and now it is stuck in boot loop with BLUE FIRE. It restarts about every 4 seconds. Thoughts?

And because it is rebooting so fast, my Win7 laptop will not find it for me to install the driver all over again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemal