No photos will save?

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
Hello, I have the Samsung Galaxy Nook and no photos will save. I have about 800 GB, not much, but enough for the picture I want, also, how do I make pictures go to my SD card? Please help, write as simple as you can. I'm not good with advanced stuff.

Stuff to know!
*when I download images, it says download completed, but when I click it, it says unable to find item.
*tablet is 4.4.2
*this is a tablet, not a phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you mean that when you take pictures with the camera, the photos won't save to internal storage? Or are you talking about downloading pictures from the web? If the latter, are you using the browser to download an image from the web, or some other app?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Pictures taken by the camera should be saved to the /DCIM/Camera/ directory, and should show up in the Gallery app. They're not? Use My Files or any other file manager app to look directly in that directory--are the pictures there? You should also be able to change the default save location of camera photos by opening the Camera app, going to its settings, and changing the default storage location there.

Images from the web that you download on Chrome should be in the Downloads directory. If you open the App Drawer and tap Downloads, you should see it there. Otherwise, use a file manager app and look at the Download directory.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, and to clarify, you used the file manager app to look directly in the Download directory (that is, instead of using the Downloads app)?

Go to the App Manager, select Download Manager, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop. Now try downloading an image in Chrome again.

The ability to change the default download location depends on the app, and sometimes the system. Check the System Settings for any option to change your default download location. If you don't see anything there, then you can check the specific app settings for an option. I don't think Chrome gives you that option, though.

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
My tablet doesn't have that.

I have this thing called All Files, so I'm gonna guess that's same thing.

Just to clarify, do you own or use the tablet I'm using?

Samsung Galaxy Nook?

~HeeHee!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Your tablet should have an app called My Files, which is a file manager--see page 71 of the manual: http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/c...alaxy_Tab_4_KK_English_User_Manual_NC4_F3.pdf

I don't think All Files is your file manager--I think it just opens up what's also called the App Drawer, which is the list of all installed apps on your device.

I don't have your specific tablet, but many Android devices work in very similar ways, so I'm trying to make some educated guesses here. As much as I'd like to have dozens of different Android devices to test out, I don't think that would fly with my wife. ;)

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
Oh yeah, it was called My Files. Sorry. But either way, pictures will not save. When I download them (or take a picture) it says download completed at the notification bar, so I click it, it leads me to gallery, and it says unable to find item

~HeeHee!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's conceivable, but highly unlikely It's much more likely that there's a glitch in the system.