no refresh of shortcuts after latest update

Feldhege

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
is there any way to refresh the icons for the shortcuts in the droid's launcher. ever since the last update (I got late last week) my stock incredible will not show icons for programs stored on the flash card. I even went through the trouble of putting them all back but while my son was playing a song, it rebooted. When it came back up every SD stored app's icons are messed up again. Not in the "App Drawer" but on any of the home screens. This sucks. The apps still launch fine but just look bad. any ideas? I can't upgrade until Jan!

droidmindy

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem after the GB update, but oddly, it was *only* for the SD apps that I had organized in folders. SD apps that were on home screens but not in a folder eventually got their icons back (although it took 10-15 minutes each time after rebooting for them to show up, which was still annoying).

I don't have a solution, but my workaround was to use the Smart Shortcuts app to organize my apps instead of the phone's folders. After the update that the icons in those shortcuts were still visible, while the ones in the folders had disappeared.

The other thing you can try is move all the apps back to the phone, then move them back to the SD card. I read some posts indicating that this might fix the problem going forward once you have GB. I didn't try it myself though.

Feldhege

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. You are correct in that it is the SD stored apps with shortcuts in folders that don't refresh. The ones on the home screens directly do eventually come back. Wish this would not have been broken. Otherwise the update works pretty well.

My workaround is to use Folder Organizer. I got it free a while back from Amazon. Takes a while to set it up so I never used it. I will now.

Feldhege

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Found another option in case anyone wants to use it. Another forum suggested a program called "Fast Reboot". I installed it and now when the icons are missing, a single click reloads everything and my icons show up. Same thing as doing a "Settings>Applications>Manage>ALL>HTC Sense" and then choose force stop. Just quicker to press this app. Not perfect but it helps.

kplu191

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
Hey! I am a noob to this forum, and not too great with the techy side of the Dinc, But.... I can help here! Just un-mount, and re-mount ur microsd card. Did the trick for me! Ok.... Now I have a new update being pushed.... Time to see what THIS one does!

Feldhege

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
use the "Fast Reboot" program from the android market I mentioned above. It will only temp fix it but everytime I reset (which isn't often) I simply hit it and that makes all the icons appear correctly. At least until HTC or Verizon fix it for good.

Feldhege

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
No. This is a new problem (For me anyway) caused by the recent "Update" I got from Verizon. If your firmware is version 4.08 then you should have it to. The problem is the icons located in folders for apps that are installed to the SD card, do not refresh correctly upon restart. For me, unmounting and remounting the sd card did not work. The program I mentioned above did.

Robb

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blaze_3ds