No service (

kwoip

Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Hi,
I was given an HTC One X which shows Vodafone screen when I start it. I've bought a new SIM card for a different carrier but I cannot for my life get it working. The phone seems to accept the SIM card, at least the "No SIM card" status icon goes away when I insert it, but I still get "No service". I have done a hard factory reset but still no luck.

If I configure wifi, network access works.

I'd highly appreciate ideas and suggestions regarding what can be wrong or what I need to do.

Best regards!

kwoip

Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
How can I tell if it's carrier locked? When I start the phone, I see a red Vodafone screen, and on the front page menu there are some Vodafone links. Does that mean it's locked? But when I insert a SIM card from another carrier, I get no message about it being locked, and no prompt for an unlock code.

Also, I'm in Sweden and from the looks of it, the phone is from Australia or NZ.

I've checked the IMEI code on a few websites that say it's okay (e.g. not reported at stolen etc).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Have you checked to make sure the phone is using the correct APN for your current carrier? What is an APN, and how do I change it? | Android Central

Also, what's the exact model number of the phone and your current carrier name? We need to make sure the phone can support the bands your carrier uses. If it does, and if the APN works, then it's clearly not carrier locked. If the APN doesn't show up, then it might be carrier locked, and you'd have to contact Vodafone using that previous link. You might be able to find a 3rd party service that can provide an unlock code, but Vodafone should be able to unlock it, which would be more reliable.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc