No verizon??

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I think verizon probably had something in place with HTC to sell X units of the DNA first. I think they will get some different version of the ONE maybe labeled as a DROID or something with maybe some different specs. I just think they will wait a few months first.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
The DNA is not a suitable replacement for this phone. The DNA to some of us is on the large side of phones. Also it is restricted to 16GB of internal storage. I was super excited for this phone and now I am just stuck since I have 4 lines on Verizon and the contracts won't all be over until the end of this year.

It's even worse when I work for Best Buy Mobile and I see the AT&T and Sprint side of the store constantly getting new phones that Verizon doesn't get (HTC One Series and LG Optimus G most notably).
you do realize the one with its smaller screen is almost nearly as big as the DNA? http://www.droid-life.com/2013/02/1...one-vs-nexus-4-vs-droid-dna-vs-galaxy-note-2/

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Why don't you give someone else a try?

Initially passing on the iPhone was a definite blunder but in know way did that pass on Siri. Before Apple bought Siri, Verizon had a deal that would have made Siri an integral part of their DROID line. Apple bought Siri and put an end to that deal.

but just imagine if they didnt pass on the iphone how much less push android would have gotten and it still to this day would probably be tiny if it wasnt for verizon trying to combat the iphone.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
im on verizon an the statement that verizon likes to space out releases is so true. im fine with them passing for now...an as phil hinted at. there will be a variant that will replace the dna. dna was good i almost replaced my thunderbolt with it. but found a steal on gal nexus. i 100% agree with the person that said droid incredible one. dna was last years variant of the one series. verizon might also have pass knowing what samsung has coming. but personally im waiting for the moto x / next nexus. lets just hope verizon doesnt miss those.

Space out releases?

See 2011 - (delayed) DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Rezound, Galaxy Nexus.

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
Back on topic, I hope VZW gets a variation of this phone, and a new Motorola X or whatever it might be. Add the new GS4 coming soon, that's a powerful lineup for 2013!

Agreed. Don't forget about the supposed RAZR X. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

Robin Giltner

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I'm going to ask for some clarity. Does Verizon buy up 1,000,000 phones to offer on it's network ? Or does HTC sell them lots at a time. The reason I am asking, is I don't see the argument of cannibalizing the DNA market if they introduce the HTC One. Who cares what happens to the DNA market if it means more customers buying a new phone. That is, unless that sticks Verizon with 50,000 DNA's they can't sell because the HTC One is better and the same price.

rkeenan

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
If it comes to Verizon, I may drop the Note 2 for it. I have considered trading the Note 2 for the DNA. The size of the phone is starting to give me hand cramps.

- - - Updated - - -

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Copy and paste from the above-mentioned forum:

Okay let me see if I got this straight, Verizon took the HTC Butterfly and limited it to only 16gb(11gb to user) of storage and took away the micro sd card slot, then passed on the LG Optimus G, then passed on the Nexus 4. So now they are gonna pass on the Sony Xperia Z, and to top everuthing off Sprint, T-Mobile, and AT&T are all getting the phone of the year quite possibly the smartphone of the decade! And once again Verizon IS GOING TO PASS ON THIS PHONE????????? What is wrong with you? Now if you are planning on having htc add an sd slot and maybe a 2800mah battery to it and release it 2 weeks later, then great! But if you flat out pass on this your making a HUGE mistake!

Pretty much sums it up!

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Branding on phones is irrelevant to me. I normally put a skin or case on my phone anyways which normally covers the obtrusive brand. I buy a phone to use it, for its functionality, not to stare at it and be offended by a company making their mark on a device that is on their network. The DNA was a big Verizon/HTC collaboration therefore the branding is deserved. As for the note two, they sale home button covers (http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00AF...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU2599053) if it offends you that much.

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Ok, I'm going to ask for some clarity. Does Verizon buy up 1,000,000 phones to offer on it's network ? Or does HTC sell them lots at a time. The reason I am asking, is I don't see the argument of cannibalizing the DNA market if they introduce the HTC One. Who cares what happens to the DNA market if it means more customers buying a new phone. That is, unless that sticks Verizon with 50,000 DNA's they can't sell because the HTC One is better and the same price.

The dna was Verizon's flagship for the year 2012. But with such a late release, they haven't reached the sales that they had hoped. Jumping on board with another HTC device so early in the year that would contend with their flagship HTC device (also exclusively branded DROID, making it an exclusive Verizon expierence) would completely undermine the effort and marketing exspenses put into it. The DNA would continue to sell, of course, if reduced to 99 or less, but would no longer contend as a flagship, nor would their DROID line have that extra exclusive boost to Verizon customers if they can purchase a 1080p device that isn't exclusively Verizon branded. They are competing with other crossline devices like Samsung's, iPhone's, etc. I see an updated version of this phone hitting Verizon later in the year as a DROID device and DNA upgrade.

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Sorry I snapped. That hit the right nerve at the wrong time. I apologize. Back on topic, Verizon doesn't deserve a phone this awesome. They would cripple it being recognition...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

drumzalicious

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Leads me to believe that there will be an upgrade to the DNA or Incredible name plate. Keeping the 5" screen, inductive charging DROID branding with a bump in specs ie processor, camera, space coming from the HTC One.....Just my 2cents
I'd hope they don't keep the 5" screen. I want this phone released just as HTC is making it for everyone else.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
And I apologize for the typo, I'm normally very on top of my grammar. As for Verizon, I haven't had them long enough to know about any issues.

nneptune

May 22, 2010
Visit site
What is continually surprising to me (but then again, not) is the lack of any knowledge out there about anything regarding this phone.
Even Sprint, where I stopped in to possibly begin my move there, had no clue as to what the phone is.
I talked to HTC a few times. I had one knowledgeable person, but there were some there who just found out about it. The one HTC guy who knew something, said that he's not allowed to share what he knows, but that he can't see Verizon completely passing on this, and having it made with their red accents, etc..but wouldn't go deeper. (Will it be released in honesty?, when? Sd card?)
I don't know who to believe, because NOBODY in that industry knows a damn thing! It's downright scary! I'm really glad this place is here... and I want the phone the way it is now, not a Verizon-dictated version, unless it's suped up!
Now, Phil...seriously, tell us what you know!!!! Toss us a bone! :-X

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I don't mind the logo on my phone. Don't understand the big deal everyone makes. Cars handbags clothing are branded. Sunglasses. No biggie in my opinion. Good coverage and good phone....that's the important factors

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali