No wireless charging back at launch

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Theres a place online u can buy the sticker for $10 cheaper then buying a whole cover.

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk
True. However it ships from China in 17-28 days per their website and is $10 plus tax. Or you could spend $27 total and have it in 3-5 days and have a battery cover with no carrier marking. Plus a return policy in case of DOA. If you order from China and get DOA a month later, you have to pay to send it back and wait another month. Not worth it IMO.

Sent from my LG-D851

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
SO, no battery door from FleaBay. The people I ordered it from said they ran out. They are refunding my money. I guess that means no wireless charging for me for now. I'll check back into this in a few weeks. Right now I'm leery...

Lapse

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
There are complaints on battery life threads here about shorter and shallower charges using Wi-Fi chargers. I wonder about that issue.

Posted via Android Central App

Distorted Loop

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
There are complaints on battery life threads here about shorter and shallower charges using Wi-Fi chargers. I wonder about that issue.

Specific to the G3? I've got wireless charging on four devices, it might take longer, but never an issue with getting a full charge. I'm not even sure it takes longer with my Tylt, I suppose it returns on the charger's amperage.

Neibl

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I tired to peel the PMA sticker off my circle case and it didn't go so well. It was easy until I got to the square PMA inductive pad under the black sticker you see, its a lot harder to remove and I got scared it was ripping too much so I put it all back and it all still charges just fine. I really hate this charging case but I love wireless charging. Plus I already butchered the NFC sticker on my other case.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to get this sticker off whose done it? Or if there is just a normal PMA back cover in black for ATT?

dcemureviews

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I tired to peel the PMA sticker off my circle case and it didn't go so well. It was easy until I got to the square PMA inductive pad under the black sticker you see, its a lot harder to remove and I got scared it was ripping too much so I put it all back and it all still charges just fine. I really hate this charging case but I love wireless charging. Plus I already butchered the NFC sticker on my other case.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to get this sticker off whose done it? Or if there is just a normal PMA back cover in black for ATT?

Take a hair dryer to soften the sticky residue and peel the sticker off.

Neibl

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I used a hair dryer last night it didn't come off like other peoples did. Mine started to rip, I have heard its pretty durable tho and even if roughed up I'll work. I will say mine got roughed up before I stopped and reapplied the first third I removed and works like new still. I'm going to try again tonight because I really hate this circle case. Its an awesome case but makes phone impossible to use one handed. G3 is actually awesome one handed for 80% of my uses which I love with such a big awesome screen.

I'd I get it to work I'll post a how to of my experience. Perhaps I'll tape it.

Chicago Pete

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I used a hair dryer last night it didn't come off like other peoples did. Mine started to rip, I have heard its pretty durable tho and even if roughed up I'll work. I will say mine got roughed up before I stopped and reapplied the first third I removed and works like new still. I'm going to try again tonight because I really hate this circle case. Its an awesome case but makes phone impossible to use one handed. G3 is actually awesome one handed for 80% of my uses which I love with such a big awesome screen.

I'd I get it to work I'll post a how to of my experience. Perhaps I'll tape it.

I got my second Circle case in the mail today, will try it tonight! Thanks for the hair dryer tip.

I am not very handy (or patient) with this sort of thing, so it should be interesting. My plan is to put it in the stock back.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site

I bought the USB qi charger receiver from amazon as the one that's on XDA won't work on Sprints as the back has NFC stuck to it....

Amazon.com: Universal QI Wireless Charging Receiver film for micro-USB of All Android Mobile (left/narrow-Interface Down): Cell Phones & Accessories

After receiving it works as intended but it won't work under the battery door because of the NFC. It does however, work under my Spigen slim armor case. As long as it works till an actual LG qi back battery cover is for sale....I'm happy.

Neibl

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Surgery complete I out a thread up about the process yesterday. Works great, def a little jammed in back but perfect besides slight lip by volume down button.

Chicago Pete

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I got my second Circle case in the mail today, will try it tonight! Thanks for the hair dryer tip.

I am not very handy (or patient) with this sort of thing, so it should be interesting. My plan is to put it in the stock back.

Epic Fail!

The NFC sticker came off the Stock Back fine, but the NFC + Powermat sticker from the AT&T Circle Case was another story. It had multiple layers with the charging coils, and they came apart and I couldn't get the back layer off.

Darn you AT&T! Would it have killed you to include the Powermat with the stock back?!? Or at least offer a case without the stupid cover, with the Powermat Charging? Hopefully they come out with one soon.

I would return the phone, still within the return period, but I love it too much, best phone I have ever owned. And I would prefer not to move away from AT&T...

dcemureviews

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I bought the USB qi charger receiver from amazon as the one that's on XDA won't work on Sprints as the back has NFC stuck to it....

Amazon.com: Universal QI Wireless Charging Receiver film for micro-USB of All Android Mobile (left/narrow-Interface Down): Cell Phones & Accessories

After receiving it works as intended but it won't work under the battery door because of the NFC. It does however, work under my Spigen slim armor case. As long as it works till an actual LG qi back battery cover is for sale....I'm happy.
Use a hair dryer to heat up the adhesive and remove the sticker. The NFC sticker should be no different than what is found on AT&T, Verizon or T-Mobile. It will require some extra power to remove it. You can't be afraid to pull it off with some effort.

Neibl

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Again I got it to work, just be patient and peel each later as you get to it so you can pull them all up together. Slow is key and getting each layer corner up while you find them.

tlo07

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Do you have to buy a special circle case from AT&T to get the wireless charging since they use a different standard or is it the charging mat itself that is the differentiator?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
The circle case works allegedly. I got one and have had a stupid charging mat on order for two weeks. Lol. This is the one issue I have.

dougltc

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I emailed Choetech asking if they were going to produce a similar Qi kit for the LG G3 that they produced for the Samsung S4. Here is the reply:

---------
Due to region difference of LG G3, a different back cover with coils inside may required to get the LG G3 get charged wirelessly, *if possible,could you please take off the back cover of your LG G3 and then take a picture for the back of the phone and the side of the back cover that against the back of the phone? After that, could you please send me the picture so that we can confirm if you will need an extra case?*
---------

Anyone care to take the pictures that they are asking for?

If yes, PM me & I will give you my email address...

Doug

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej