Non stop SPAM calls & SPAM messages. How can I get my life back?

N2myN2

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks again.
The DND works great. I had to change some settings so calls from my contacts would ring as well as music and videos. I got a message from my wife that a friend was trying to call me from another phone. She got a busy signal :D A busy signal is exactly what I want spammers to get.
N2myN2 (Maybe I should chance my handle to N2myS22U.)

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks again.
The DND works great. I had to change some settings so calls from my contacts would ring as well as music and videos. I got a message from my wife that a friend was trying to call me from another phone. She got a busy signal :D A busy signal is exactly what I want spammers to get.
N2myN2 (Maybe I should chance my handle to N2myS22U.)
Great figuired it be just that

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
OK, I know what that is. I have only my immediate family in there. My DND comes on at 10pm and off at 7am. I would like every call to go to VM except those in my Contacts. Is there any way to do that? Thanks again.

Slow to respond and don't want to read the entire thread right now, if still trying to block all calls/send to voice mail it's in the Samsung phone app settings. Well it is on older models at least.

Open the phone app, tap the 3 dots for settings, select block numbers, and you should have a toggle to block unknown callers.

I usually keep that enabled, all I get is a notification for a blocked call, doesn't ring, should allow them to leave a voice mail.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately there is no way around it. Once they find your number they distribute it and the spam is never ending. Been dealing with this crap 5 years solid. I got a specific ring tone for my dad and noone else calls. And yup, every time it's not my dad, it's a spam/bot call. Even had a couple get me heated because they were threatening to come whoop my ***. I laid into them with a string of cusswords and let them know if it continued I would get the police on them
Your biggest mistake was answering. Once they realize it's a live line, it's flagged as such and the amount of calls likely increases. Either block unknown numbers, or just let them ring through to voicemail or whatever. If you manually decline and send it to voice mail, it can still flag as an active line because they detect the shortened ring time as someone declining the call.

Sent from my LM-V600 using AC Forums mobile app

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Yeah $3.00 just to display a name is too much. Might be fair for $.99, but $2.99 no way

I'm paying $0.75 on my line. I guess it must be grandfathered, because there's no option for that price in the tiers comparison.

Given that the names we see are probably spoofed anyway, I'm not sure it's worth even the price I pay for the Plus servcie.

Shellcracker

Nov 9, 2017
Visit site
I'm paying $0.75 on my line. I guess it must be grandfathered, because there's no option for that price in the tiers comparison.

Given that the names we see are probably spoofed anyway, I'm not sure it's worth even the price I pay for the Plus servcie.

Yup I remember calling back one of the suckers thet prank called me(threating to whoop my ***) just to see what it would do, and it immediately said the number was not in service. They are definitely spoofing numbers.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Non stop SPAM calls & SPAM messages. How can I get my life back?

Yup I remember calling back one of the suckers thet prank called me(threating to whoop my ***) just to see what it would do, and it immediately said the number was not in service. They are definitely spoofing numbers.
And it's unlikely spoofed numbers will be going away. When one tried to spoof my bank's phone number (didn't fall for the scam, btw), the bank told me it happens because a lot of small businesses rely on that function with legit VoIP services. It's so you can call their business phone number, and have it ring the office phone, cell phone, home phone, etc, and for them to call you from whatever phone but show to as their business on your caller ID. Without those services and the ability to spoof a number, it can hinder their ability to contact their customers.

Last edited:

Shellcracker

Nov 9, 2017
Visit site
And it's unlikely spoofed numbers will be going away. When one tried to spoof my bank's phone number (didn't fall for the scam, btw), the bank told me it happens because a lot of small businesses rely on that function with legit VoIP services. It's so you can call their business phone number, and have it ring the office phone, cell phone, home phone, etc, and for them to call you from whatever phone but show to as their business on your caller ID. Without those services and the ability to spoof a number, it can hinder their ability to contact their customers.

Sent from my LM-V600 using AC Forums mobile app

Yeah figured that stuff will be there to stay. I got a trial of Verizon Call filter on my phone for about a month, so I'll utilize it . And I think if I read right, you can download the Google phone app and ir will give you the same call screening features, which wouls help reduce those spam/junk/crank calls. That is the one thing that I miss from having a Pixel.

Several times I'd see an unknown number or "likely spam" come up and as soon as I pressed the call screen button they would hang up to never call again.

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
I was using truecaller ad it was a hassle to use, and has to replace your phone app. I switched to the AT&T ActiveArmor now and subscribed and hoping that one will work better. TrueCaller still let a ton through.

Worshipper

Aug 22, 2015
Visit site
Can't you also use the Google Phone app instead of Samsung's? I use it instead, and it works pretty well. That's one of the Google apps I carried over from my recent Pixel.

Unfortunately the Google phone app will not do call screening on any other phone except a pixel phone. I found this out first hand when I went from my pixel 6 to a used S21 Ultra. Most of the Google phone app features work except for the call screening. Call screening on pixel phones is a strong enough feature by itself to sell pixels and I think Google doesn't advertise it enough. It really is that good.