Nook Color updated itself to 1.3?

jimothy508

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I left my nook alone for a while and at a glance noticed that it had restarted itself. It's never done that before, but I figured I'd just let it go through the motions. It then appeared to be hanging on the rainbow nook color logo. I was planning on powering it down and powering it back on but as soon as I touched the power button the lock screen came up.

After regaining access to the unit I got a notification saying that the unit's software is up to date. I can no longer access market, and no longer have root privileges (which means I can't back stuff up with titanium before I re-flash everything).

I saw there's a nooter for 1.3 but I'm assuming that wipes everything? Before I try that, does anyone know if there's another work around that doesn't make me lose my data? Also, has the self update happened to anyone else?

Last edited:

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
You shouldn't lose your data if you nooter. Just make sure to make a backup just in case.

Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk

jimothy508

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the tip! I tried backing up data with titanium backup but it required root access (which I didn't have because of the update), so I ended up just putting cm7 on it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayyub21