Not clearing Gmail notification

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Often but not always, when I have a Gmail notification and I choose to open Gmail, rather than click on the notification, it doesn't clear the notification. I have to specifically clear the notification by swiping it away.

I am pretty sure, in the past, on my prior phones (mostly Pixel), it cleared when I opened the app.

Is this manual clearing Gmail notifications the norm on the S22? ...or is it just me?

(this isn't a huge issue but I am posting in case there is some setting I am overlooking)

Mr Bojangles1

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
It clears the notification when I open Gmail on my OnePlus. If you have multiple Google accounts make sure you are in the right account that the email was sent to.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
It clears the notification when I open Gmail on my OnePlus. If you have multiple Google accounts make sure you are in the right account that the email was sent to.

Appreciate the reply, thanks... Good possibility but I am only using one account. Wondering if it's a Samsung issue.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Can try to clear cache then force stop Gmail if that doesn't work try clearing data and force stop

Cache didn't help. Will clearing data on the app cause any issues or it just picks up again and loads your email?

Thanks for the ideas!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Cache didn't help. Will clearing data on the app cause any issues or it just picks up again and loads your email?

Thanks for the ideas!
Clearing Data like uninstall the app and installing again that way you dont have to go through that and yes once signed in everything where u left unless you have custom notification they will need to be added

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Can try to clear cache then force stop Gmail if that doesn't work try clearing data and force stop

Seems clearing data worked! I just had to set up some things in Gmail again. Easy. Thank you!!

P.S. One odd thing happened - my default sound and some of my SMS sounds (Pulse) changed. Not seen any others yet. I'll have to see as the day progresses. The default phone sound switched back to what you get out of the box. Coincidence? Don't know how Gmail would influence all that.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Seems clearing data worked! I just had to set up some things in Gmail again. Easy. Thank you!!

P.S. One odd thing happened - my default sound and some of my SMS sounds (Pulse) changed. Not seen any others yet. I'll have to see as the day progresses. The default phone sound switched back to what you get out of the box. Coincidence? Don't know how Gmail would influence all that.
That's only for Gmail app not sure why the others changed