Not connecting to LTE on AT&T (international S6).

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Thanks so much for your quick response, i checked the SIM Status it states that it is LTE, i downloaded speed test app and i had 4g signal with full bars and it was only giving 3.4 Mbps download speed is that the normal 4g lte speed?

That's something I can't answer, the Download Speed depends on a lot of factors, and you can even see in Speedtest that if you select manually a different server than the one it automatically detects, it will varies, and sometimes it's a lot of difference. But besides that, the network speed will depend mostly on Signal and network traffic, on the same area a different carrier can have better speeds than yours, and you move to another area and then you may have better speeds than them, like I said, it all depends on your signal and network where you are located.

Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
i don't think the international version supports U.S. LTE bands. this is why you should always buy the U.S. version if you plan on using it predominately in the U.S.

This is not correct. A lot of international versions (UK) support LTE bands here in the US. I am using an LG G4 on T-Mobile without a hiccup.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
AT&T uses Band 17 almost exclusively, and the F version of almost all current Samsung phones do too, so they should work. (The manager at my local store said they they activate more F versions than A versions. People don;t want Knox or locked bootloaders - even though some of them have no idea what the terms mean, they just know that people who do know don't want them, so they don't either.)

Elazar, the link you want is LTE Discovery. Install that and you'll see if you're getting LTE. The other one is SignalCheck Lite.

qkrzazzang

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys, little late to this thread, but I have the very similar issue, which my phone (920FD [Dual Sim International]) shows 4G on top, so I wasn't sure if I was actually on LTE. As suggested by some on this, I'm seeing GSM and LTE AWS from SignalCheck Lite, LTE Band :4 and GSM from LTE Discovery. I also see Mobile network type : LTE under SIM card status on my phone. Does this mean that I'm on LTE despite the fact that 4G is written on top without "LTE" ?

AqLynch75

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
The problem with your theory about buying the us version is....
the unlocked international versions get updates right away. The us versions don[t
that is why you can have an international version with android 6 which came out over a year ago and the us version still on android 5.1.1 which may or may not ever get the update.

trydoubtingme

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
I had the same exactly issue like yours. Except i started getting over 30mps speed with the correct apn settings. I hit 42mbps download and 14 mbps upload believe it or not. And this was NOT with wifi i double checked it was straight mobile connection only. it would still show 4g though. However when you go to your mobile network settings mine showed LTE. Honestly, i do not think we can see or use data speeds above 15mbps unless we are watching a full movie or show on the phone. Now with that being said, AT&T can not verify my IMEI and it shows as a 2g phone in the system. I am not sure why but thats just how it is. i can careless honestly.

ChadGW

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
If you want to have definitive proof of what you are getting go to Settings-About Device-Status-SIM Card status and in Mobile Network type it will show if you are connecting to LTE. If you want to know even more than that, there are a couple of apps on the Play store that will give you detailed information on the network type and even the frequency and band you are connecting to, check SignalCheck Lite and LTE Discovery.

I just got a new, unlocked G930F. It only shows 4G on top. When I go to SIM Card status, it also shows 4G. When I go to Mobile Networks, I have the correct AT&T APN but Network Mode only shows 4G/3G/2G. However, SignalCheck and LTE Discovery say I'm on LTE 1900 B2. Which should I believe?

pj1000@gmail.com

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
Worked for me on an international Galaxy S7 Edge (935F). I called AT&T and they updated my sim and some other stuff. I rebooted and the H+ turned into LTE at the top of my phone appeared with a resulting increase in transfer rates. Thanks for the tip.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
accessibilitys91