Not getting texts from iPhone users

Njbrandon

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
I've had the S8 since it came out and never had this problem until this week. On their phone it says unable to send, or failed.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Did you have an iPhone before this? Usually this issues is because you use to use iMessage on an Apple phone, which is a different protocol than SMS/MMS messaging that everyone else uses. To fix it, you need to de-register your phone number from iMessage. This way, when they send a message to your number, iMessage no longer tries sending via its own protocol.

Njbrandon

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Why would that just start causing issues if it worked fine the past year? I tried the deregister but it says my number was already removed.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Can you receive texts from anyone else? If so, tell them to check SMS on the next text they send you. If not, your phone has a problem.

RonW3

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
Did you have an iPhone before this? Usually this issues is because you use to use iMessage on an Apple phone, which is a different protocol than SMS/MMS messaging that everyone else uses. To fix it, you need to de-register your phone number from iMessage. This way, when they send a message to your number, iMessage no longer tries sending via its own protocol.

Thank you for this info. This was driving me batty. Fixed the problem in short order!