Not good news.....

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
I just got the new version friday and I seriously dont see the difference, besides a significantly more tinted yellow/warmer screen :( My voluume rocker isnt wobbly anymore but the power button still is, and tbh the speaker holes look smaller than the one I had before.. strange..

Scott7217

May 21, 2013
Visit site
So what? They can make the speakers bigger but it won't matter you still will hear more crap sound out of them it all depends if they would improve the speaker DRIVERS

Would Google and LG alienate any of their customers if they did an additional hardware update with improved speaker drivers a few months from now?

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Would Google and LG alienate any of their customers if they did an additional hardware update with improved speaker drivers a few months from now?

Probably certainly. OTA updates are no problem but upgrading speakers on the same model and item number after it's already been out for 4 to 6 months? :rolleyes::what: Maybe if our phones were bursting into flames, but that's a replacement issue.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

kyoo

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I just got the new version friday and I seriously dont see the difference, besides a significantly more tinted yellow/warmer screen :( My voluume rocker isnt wobbly anymore but the power button still is, and tbh the speaker holes look smaller than the one I had before.. strange..

that doesn't sound right...

Superevangelist12

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
I called Google on Friday, mentioned how much my power button rattles, and was promptly told that it was a "know issue" and it would be replaced.

My replacement is supposed to ship on Wednesday.

Posted via Android Central App

kyoo

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I called Google on Friday, mentioned how much my power button rattles, and was promptly told that it was a "know issue" and it would be replaced.

My replacement is supposed to ship on Wednesday.

Posted via Android Central App

that's good. when i first called about 10 days ago, they had never heard of it.

Scott7217

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Probably certainly. OTA updates are no problem but upgrading speakers on the same model and item number after it's already been out for 4 to 6 months? :rolleyes::what: Maybe if our phones were bursting into flames, but that's a replacement issue.

I could only see this happening if a lot of customers were returning their phones because of speaker issues. In that case, it would make sense for Google and LG to consider upgrading the speaker drivers. However, since most people are happy with the speaker performance on their Nexus 5, Google will probably hold off on any changes until next year's release of the Nexus phone.

CrazeOKC

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Interesting, I actually went to buy two N5's and left with two Note 3's after holding them up to my ear. It wasn't comfortable (felt like it was digging into my ear lobe) and I had a hard time hearing on the speaker. Oh well, guess better late than never.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I could only see this happening if a lot of customers were returning their phones because of speaker issues. In that case, it would make sense for Google and LG to consider upgrading the speaker drivers. However, since most people are happy with the speaker performance on their Nexus 5, Google will probably hold off on any changes until next year's release of the Nexus phone.

I honestly have no problems on my phone. The speaker is no worse than any other phone speaker except maybe the One.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Interesting, I actually went to buy two N5's and left with two Note 3's after holding them up to my ear. It wasn't comfortable (felt like it was digging into my ear lobe) and I had a hard time hearing on the speaker. Oh well, guess better late than never.

The n5s you checked out hadn't gotten the updates yet. The speaker is a lot louder now and if you turn the volume high, it's quite good for a phone speaker, though not probably anything like the HTC One series.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dgibbs83