Note 10+ Android 10 - Official First Impressions & New Features

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yep, doesn't work in safe mode either. Going to place a call to Samsung tomorrow, this phone has had some strange behavior Fort past month and the upgrade to Android 10 just pushed it over the top.
Ok let me Know if nothing gets resolved by them we can go deeper and figure it out

kolyan2k

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Getting FC when phone rings. I have it set to "mini pop up" in Phone app maybe that's why.

Actually noticed that its freezing always in all settings when I try to reject a call. Tried clearing cache for apps system reboot etc. Nothing works. Tried Safe mode and it works fine. Any ideas? Didnt install any new apps after Android 10 update

Last edited:

T2996420

Aug 29, 2019
Visit site
Im liking how they finally fixed the Samsung text app...when you type a name in now...it shows the number and number type....mobile, home, work....that hosed me several times previously...for contacts with multiple #'s

nitro2k1

Oct 23, 2017
Visit site
Just updated on TMO. Seem snappier overall. Not a fan of the new navigation gestures. I went back to using the buttons and see the swipe on home button no longer switches between apps. I really liked that feature and disappointed they removed it. In case anyone else is in the same boat - I found that you can double tap the app switcher navigation icon to switch apps as an alternative method. Still bummed as everything else seems to be working well.

kolyan2k

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Actually noticed that its freezing always in all settings when I try to reject a call. Tried clearing cache for apps system reboot etc. Nothing works. Tried Safe mode and it works fine. Any ideas? Didnt install any new apps after Android 10 update

Am I the only one with this issue lol? I really dont want to do factory reset

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Re: Note 10+ Android 10 - Official First Impressions & New Features

Am I the only one with this issue lol? I really dont want to do factory reset
I've not had this issue, but when I reply to a text thru the navigation drop down I've had it hang and have a little spinning circle next to the message being sent. I have my messaging app play a tone when the message is sent, there's been a couple times that tone didn't go off for over a minute.

This is why I hate updates, they usually break things. I'm old school, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Edit... Just to put this out there, I've had this happen with Samsung messaging also

kolyan2k

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site

I've not had this issue, but when I reply to a text thru the navigation drop down I've had it hang and have a little spinning circle next to the message being sent. I have my messaging app play a tone when the message is sent, there's been a couple times that tone didn't go off for over a minute.

This is why I hate updates, they usually break things. I'm old school, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Edit... Just to put this out there, I've had this happen with Samsung messaging also

I'll probably do factory reset this week. Hate doing those, waste of an hour+ setting everything up. ..installing, uninstalling, setting etc

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
I hate that a swipe from either side is a back gesture. One should be for back and the other one should be forward

I think it works as back gesture to be consistent for both left and right handed folks and for one hand operation. Making forward gesture on one side defeats the purpose.

lcs101

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
I think it works as back gesture to be consistent for both left and right handed folks and for one hand operation. Making forward gesture on one side defeats the purpose.
I like the idea of a forward and back. And you can give the option to flip sides if you want to make sure back is always easily accessible depending on being left or right handed.

Liljoe83

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Got the update on sprint not that long ago, still have to see what the difference is between mine and my girl friends since she hasn't updated hers yet.

kolyan2k

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site

Have been troubleshooting for past 3 hours with 3 factory resets, changing settings, installing and uninstalling apps. Still not 100% positive what the issue is, but I think it has something to do with network and the way Note and Google Fi handle it, maybe WIFI-calling bug or something. Have to test more after I set up my phone for like 3rd or 4th time