Note 10+ Android 10 - Official First Impressions & New Features

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Re: Note 10+ Android 10 - Official First Impressions & New Features

They also added the AOD option to turn off when battery shows charging on Android 10.
That's about the only time I want AOD on, that and if I have notification. I have a nice app that makes it so the AOD is off unless there's notifications or charging.

Checked the settings after my post... Are you referring to the actual AOD, or the charging time listed at the bottom of screen?

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

That's about the only time I want AOD on, that and if I have notification. I have a nice app that makes it so the AOD is off unless there's notifications or charging.

Checked the settings after my post... Are you referring to the actual AOD, or the charging time listed at the bottom of screen?

I mentioned the charging at the bottom
Screenshot_20191223-051517_Settings.jpg

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

I mentioned the charging at the bottom
View attachment 314608
I seen that, but I read it as option to turn AOD off while charging.

Either way, it's useless setting for the people that use their phones as alarm clocks, as the charging time is still displayed if the AOD is displayed.

Better way to do this was to have the option to just turn it on or off. Samsung half baked the setting IMO.

msellers30

Mar 1, 2019
Visit site

Either way, it's useless setting for the people that use their phones as alarm clocks, as the charging time is still displayed if the AOD is displayed.

I use my phone as an alarm clock and this setting is very welcome. I have AOD scheduled to turn off at night so my room is dark. Before this new option, the charging status would still appear at the bottom even if the AOD was turned off (by the schedule) and would light up an otherwise dark room. I can't stand LEDs and other things lighting up my room at night, so this option to turn off the charge notification when the AOD is off is a great feature.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

I use my phone as an alarm clock and this setting is very welcome. I have AOD scheduled to turn off at night so my room is dark. Before this new option, the charging status would still appear at the bottom even if the AOD was turned off (by the schedule) and would light up an otherwise dark room. I can't stand LEDs and other things lighting up my room at night, so this option to turn off the charge notification when the AOD is off is a great feature.
I understand that...I, like others use the phone as an alarm clock and WANT the AOD on for the time, like normal alarm clocks, and the display at night is very dim, so it isn't lighting the room up.

My point was this.... Samsung half baked that setting. It could have been easy enough to just have it a toggle switch, on or off. Pretty simple

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
After using Android 10 for a few days now, It's been stable with no issues. I'll break down some of my likes and dislikes.

Like: The new camera layout. It allows just display the modes you use most.
Like: OneDrive integration with Gallery (on caveat I'll explain in the dislike).
Like: The overall smooth operation.
Like: New gestures (unfortunately, Microsoft Launcher doesn't support them at the moment).

Dislike: OneDrive integration is only available IF you save your photos to internal memory. Not a deal breaker, it would be nice if it syncs with the SD card too.
Dislike: Good Lock not supported...yet.

That is all for now. As I play with it more, I'll update.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
After using Android 10 for a few days now, It's been stable with no issues. I'll break down some of my likes and dislikes.

Like: The new camera layout. It allows just display the modes you use most.
Like: OneDrive integration with Gallery (on caveat I'll explain in the dislike).
Like: The overall smooth operation.
Like: New gestures (unfortunately, Microsoft Launcher doesn't support them at the moment).

Dislike: OneDrive integration is only available IF you save your photos to internal memory. Not a deal breaker, it would be nice if it syncs with the SD card too.
Dislike: Good Lock not supported...yet.

That is all for now. As I play with it more, I'll update.
I'm with you on the custom camera selections and good lock. Good lock is a Samsung app, why can't they update that at the same time they release the new OS.

fanisk

Nov 1, 2019
Visit site
I have updated yesterday I find that generally the phone works faster , in particular in multitasking, as well as the finger print sensor it works all times and very fast ,unlike to the previous version.
Nice features too for the camera and edge lighting.
However I find the new full screen gestures not very practical, definitely the previous version is faster for multitasking and it's good that is still available to select.
I don't like either the new version of the device care, I find it too complicated for the battery usage.

ScottRx82

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
Is the official Android 10 update still being rolled out in phases? I'm still on the most recent beta version, but there's nothing there when I check for software updates. I'm on T-Mobile. Thanks!

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Is the official Android 10 update still being rolled out in phases? I'm still on the most recent beta version, but there's nothing there when I check for software updates. I'm on T-Mobile. Thanks!

Official hasn't been released for unlocked or TMo yet

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
I don't like either the new version of the device care, I find it too complicated for the battery usage.
On the subject of device care, has the option to see how long you have been off charger been removed? I can't seem to find the setting when you want to test your battery duration.

Jadaress1

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
Also, can't seem to find idle battery drain, or how much battery android system is draining. Really not liking this new layout. Are there any alternatives in the playstore that don't drain the battery. Thanks.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't think anyone has mentioned it (but sorry if it has been), but one thing I am really liking is how they have separated notifications now. Not sure if Samsung thing, or Android thing - but when you pull down to look at your notifications, there is the regular notifications and then there is a "Silent" section. The notifications that are not categorized in the "Silent" area are put on top before that section. This way, you can concentrate on those notifications that are important to you at the top. You can change the categorization by long pressing any notification and selecting "Alert" or "Silent". I love this because I do have some notifications that are not as important and it was a mess with everything integrated into a single list.