Note 10+ Android 10 - Official First Impressions & New Features

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I don't think anyone has mentioned it (but sorry if it has been), but one thing I am really liking is how they have separated notifications now. Not sure if Samsung thing, or Android thing - but when you pull down to look at your notifications, there is the regular notifications and then there is a "Silent" section. The notifications that are not categorized in the "Silent" area are put on top before that section. This way, you can concentrate on those notifications that are important to you at the top. You can change the categorization by long pressing any notification and selecting "Alert" or "Silent". I love this because I do have some notifications that are not as important and it was a mess with everything integrated into a single list.
That's a good one.

PinkLipstick

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone had any luck with the developer setting to chang icon shape and accent colors? I've changed the icon shape but only certain ones change, and the accent color does not change at all. Guess there's a bug somewhere🤷🏾*♀️

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I don't think anyone has mentioned it (but sorry if it has been), but one thing I am really liking is how they have separated notifications now. Not sure if Samsung thing, or Android thing - but when you pull down to look at your notifications, there is the regular notifications and then there is a "Silent" section. The notifications that are not categorized in the "Silent" area are put on top before that section. This way, you can concentrate on those notifications that are important to you at the top. You can change the categorization by long pressing any notification and selecting "Alert" or "Silent". I love this because I do have some notifications that are not as important and it was a mess with everything integrated into a single list.
Yeah didn't pay attention until you mentioned it .Screenshot_20191228-010233.jpeg

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I noticed it, and it's nicer for sure, but I disable most apps notifications anyway.

Calbin

Dec 28, 2019
Visit site
I have the Note 10+ and I just got the update this morning. I have AT&T. Now my home screen has overlapping symbols at the bottom of the screen. Anyone know what they are? I can still use the buttons like before. Thanks!

Attachments

• 20191228_111809.jpg
    20191228_111809.jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 29

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else felt the need to factory reset after the update? Does this still help at all with a clean slate or is it not necessary?

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else felt the need to factory reset after the update? Does this still help at all with a clean slate or is it not necessary?
It's up to you really. I didn't do one and everything is working as it did before. I did do a cache wipe though. Again it may not be needed.

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else had a problem with ringtones and notification sounds since Android 10 update? My Note 10 + will not make any sounds for text messages and will not let me select any ringtone other than the stock AT&T one. No matter what I select it defaults to the stock one, and absolutely will not make any sound on text messaging. I already did a wipe cache and a factory reset. and also made sure that do not disturb is off and volume at max. Really hating this update. Also, edge lighting no longer works either.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Has anyone else had a problem with ringtones and notification sounds since Android 10 update? My Note 10 + will not make any sounds for text messages and will not let me select any ringtone other than the stock AT&T one. No matter what I select it defaults to the stock one, and absolutely will not make any sound on text messaging. I already did a wipe cache and a factory reset. and also made sure that do not disturb is off and volume at max. Really hating this update. Also, edge lighting no longer works either.
Did you try safe mode ? See if notifications work for message app?

Calbin

Dec 28, 2019
Visit site
Yeah. I finally figured it out. I had that screen saver for 2 days before I noticed the overlapping symbols but them must have been there the whole time. It is because it's a screenshot. Thanks.

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Did you try safe mode ? See if notifications work for message app?

Yep, doesn't work in safe mode either. Going to place a call to Samsung tomorrow, this phone has had some strange behavior Fort past month and the upgrade to Android 10 just pushed it over the top.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz