Note 10 plus is too good.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
So, I've been using my nused Note10+ exclusively since last week and all I can say is that I've not missed much about my beloved S22U's, unlike when I had the Note 9. Its forced me to re-evaluate those S22U purchases. I just have to keep in mind that the S22 Ultra will receive years more worth of updates and that its camera is better. ... but is the S22 Ultra $550 better?
That's awesome! The S22 Ultra Note is my first Note, so I have nothing to compare it to, but that's great you have such a good experience with your Note 10+.

The way I look at it is that the S22 Ultra is worthwhile because the extra price makes it have more updates than 2-3 low-end/midrange phones.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
That's awesome! The S22 Ultra Note is my first Note, so I have nothing to compare it to, but that's great you have such a good experience with your Note 10+.

The way I look at it is that the S22 Ultra is worthwhile because the extra price makes it have more updates than 2-3 low-end/midrange phones.
True. The S22 Ultras are great phones. I am planning to keep at least one if them for a while and I might trade the other in for a Fold4 if the majority of the reviews say its better and more durable than the Fold3. Otherwise, I'll just keep on enjoying them.

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
How do you feel about the Note 10+ compared to the Note 9? I am currently having the issue of my Note 9 seeming brighter than my Note 10+.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
How do you feel about the Note 10+ compared to the Note 9? I am currently having the issue of my Note 9 seeming brighter than my Note 10+.
To me, so far, the Note 10+ is dramatically better. My Note 9 was the 6/128 model. My Note 10+ is the 12/256 variant. The Note 10+ is so good it made me question my S22 Ultra. It's a really good phone if you can get over the lack of headphone jack (and I can, easily).

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
I feel like there is things the Note 9 does better, and things the Note 10+ does better. But overall, the Note 10+ is the better device IMO.

One thing I like more about the Note 10+ is it feels more solid in the hand if you ask me. I never liked how the Note 9 felt.

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
Tadpoles, how are you liking your Note 10+? I have jumped ship back to it. I was using the Note 9 for my daily driver for awhile, but just having too many irritating issues with it. I am actually currently trying to sell it.

None of the issues that I had with my Note 9 occur with my Note 10+. Note 10+ is still the best overall device to this day that I've ever used.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Tadpoles, how are you liking your Note 10+? I have jumped ship back to it. I was using the Note 9 for my daily driver for awhile, but just having too many irritating issues with it. I am actually currently trying to sell it.

None of the issues that I had with my Note 9 occur with my Note 10+. Note 10+ is still the best overall device to this day that I've ever used.
A lovey Note 10+. Outside of the camera and 5G access I don't notice much difference between it and my S22U. I'm blown away by how good a certified re-newed Note 10+ is. I say that in that way because there was a notable difference in the Note 9. I'm glad I made the change.

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
A lovey Note 10+. Outside of the camera and 5G access I don't notice much difference between it and my S22U. I'm blown away by how good a certified re-newed Note 10+. I say that in that way because there was a notable difference in the Note 9. I'm glad I made the change.
I'm glad you've had a Notable difference!

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
I didnt think it would actually happen, but I got a Note 20 Ultra from Amazon today to try out. Get a feel for it. I have a feeling I will be keeping it and selling my Note 10 plus.

Wasnt cheap though. 580 dollars.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I didnt think it would actually happen, but I got a Note 20 Ultra from Amazon today to try out. Get a feel for it. I have a feeling I will be keeping it and selling my Note 10 plus.

Wasnt cheap though. 580 dollars.
Congrats! You know what they say...gotta pay-to-play. I'm curious to read your assessment of the differences between it and your Note 10+.

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
Well, so far, it is very smooth honestly given the high refresh rate. It feels really great in the hand. Also, the smaller hole punch is definitely nice.

I honestly get a lot of Note 9 vibes from this phone. I feel design-wise, the front screen reminds me a lot of the Note 9. Tall and skinny. Also, the tone of the screen in certain aspects seems a lot like the Note 9. I definitely like playing games like Subway Surfers on this device more than on my Note 10 plus.

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
So... I've been using the Note 20 Ultra for around a week. It is a good device. I don't entirely know if it's worth "upgrading," to from the Note 10 Plus though.

To quote Flossy Carter, "It's going to feel like you bought the same phone twice," in his reference to upgrading from the Note 10 Plus to the Note 20 Ultra. And honestly, it kind of does. I feel like the improvements are kind of marginal. The 120hz refresh rate, the camera in a lot of situations, and the slightly brighter screen. That's about it.

And in some ways, for me, it's a bit of a downgrade. I can use 45 watt super fast charging on my N10 plus. I don't like going from having 256gb of storage on my phone to 128gb on the N20U. Also... I swear, the speakers on the N10 plus seem louder. They seem so loud sometimes that I feel like the phone is vibrating. A lot of people don't like this, but I do. For 95% of the things the N10 plus does compared to the N20U, it's about the same. 120hz refresh rate is really smooth and cool and all that.. But I really don't like sacrificing WQHD resolution for it. I always ran my N10 plus in WQHD and it always looks amazing. On the N20U, my feelings are kind of meh for the screen at 1080. Sure, some of the things that the N20U does better is really nice compared to the N10 plus, but probably not worth paying 580 dollars for. I might give it another week or so and see How I feel since I got the device from Amazon.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
So... I've been using the Note 20 Ultra for around a week. It is a good device. I don't entirely know if it's worth "upgrading," to from the Note 10 Plus though.

To quote Flossy Carter, "It's going to feel like you bought the same phone twice," in his reference to upgrading from the Note 10 Plus to the Note 20 Ultra. And honestly, it kind of does. I feel like the improvements are kind of marginal. The 120hz refresh rate, the camera in a lot of situations, and the slightly brighter screen. That's about it.

And in some ways, for me, it's a bit of a downgrade. I can use 45 watt super fast charging on my N10 plus. I don't like going from having 256gb of storage on my phone to 128gb on the N20U. Also... I swear, the speakers on the N10 plus seem louder. They seem so loud sometimes that I feel like the phone is vibrating. A lot of people don't like this, but I do. For 95% of the things the N10 plus does compared to the N20U, it's about the same. 120hz refresh rate is really smooth and cool and all that.. But I really don't like sacrificing WQHD resolution for it. I always ran my N10 plus in WQHD and it always looks amazing. On the N20U, my feelings are kind of meh for the screen at 1080. Sure, some of the things that the N20U does better is really nice compared to the N10 plus, but probably not worth paying 580 dollars for. I might give it another week or so and see How I feel since I got the device from Amazon.
The Note 10+ is so good, to me, that I sold one of my S22 Ultras. I'm really liking this phone. I don't use the 120hz on my S22Us because it worsens battery life and the improvement is wasted on me. The Note 10+ is slightly thinner and I appreciate that. Gives it this nice feel.

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
Wait, hold up.. You sold ONE of your S22 Ultras?! How many did you have?! And are you rich lol

I'm on the fence though. So currently, I have the Note 9, Note 10 plus and Note 20 Ultra. Lol. In order to pay off the Note 20 Ultra in full, I would have to sell both my Note 9 and Note 10 plus. And I don't know entirely if that would be worth it or not. My Note 9, meh, but the Note 10 plus I would be sad selling I feel like. The Note 20 Ultra is definitely a really nice device.... But I am gonna give it a little more time before making any choices. I have 90 days to return it, so no harm in waiting a little bit.

When I first got the Note 10 Plus in April of last year, I was blown away by it. I'm not really having that same feeling from the Note 20 Ultra, even though it is a really nice device.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Wait, hold up.. You sold ONE of your S22 Ultras?! How many did you have?! And are you rich lol

I'm on the fence though. So currently, I have the Note 9, Note 10 plus and Note 20 Ultra. Lol. In order to pay off the Note 20 Ultra in full, I would have to sell both my Note 9 and Note 10 plus. And I don't know entirely if that would be worth it or not. My Note 9, meh, but the Note 10 plus I would be sad selling I feel like. The Note 20 Ultra is definitely a really nice device.... But I am gonna give it a little more time before making any choices. I have 90 days to return it, so no harm in waiting a little bit.

When I first got the Note 10 Plus in April of last year, I was blown away by it. I'm not really having that same feeling from the Note 20 Ultra, even though it is a really nice device.
I had... eerrrr, more than necessary. Now I'm down to my S22U for work, my S22U for me and this Note 10+. I gotta be honest, I'm just about as happy with this Note10+ as I am with my S22U.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
That's hard to say. I think right now I like them both about the same but I guess the S22U does have more horsepower (on paper) and technically better cameras but there's just something about the way this Note 10+ "feels".

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
The Aura Glow Note 10+ IMO is one of, if not the most beautiful device Samsung has ever made. Appearance-wise. Definitely up there with the top ones IMO.

I would say in my personal opinion...

1. Aura Glow Note 10+
2. Ocean Blue Note 9
3. Prism White S10+

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I like the Aura black that I have. Its like this mirrored-black. The Aura finishes are certainly aesthetically pleasing.