Note 10 signal strength.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I have has nothing but stellar signal with my 10 plus. You need to look at the numbers not so much the amount of bars you have especially between two different devices.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
thanks. that's interesting, and we're specifically looking at cell signal, even if not on and using wifi only?
Yup, cell signal as reported in Settings | About phone | Status | SIM card status. Right now I'm getting -68 dBm, which is close to the best I ever get. It's often in the -70s even in the same location.

tekjunkie28

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Just went up to 4 bars and down to -102.
You have to use signal check and look at the numbers. The bars can also factor in SNR and all that so it's not all that clear cut. Also the bars might not be updated but ever tens of seconds or something like that.

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Just went up to 4 bars and down to -102.
It's just the opposite, as the bars went up, the signal also went UP to -102. Remember you're dealing with negative numbers so as the negative numbers go down, the signal strength is going UP.

A -102 is a higher signal strength than a -108.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
It's just the opposite, as the bars went up, the signal also went UP to -102. Remember you're dealing with negative numbers so as the negative numbers go down, the signal strength is going UP.

A -102 is a higher signal strength than a -108.

Thanks

7h3d34f0n3

Sep 13, 2017
Visit site
Sitting at my desk at work my signal is anywhere from -113dBm to -120dBm. The main complaint I have about where I work.

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
Welp, just had the first experience where I couldnt browse the internet on my phone with a bar of service but my work phone a s9 plus worked fine and fast. That irritated me as I was trying to look up something and this expensive phone couldnt do it but my s9 plus did. Was at a restaurant where this happened meeting with a vendor.

tekjunkie28

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Welp, just had the first experience where I couldnt browse the internet on my phone with a bar of service but my work phone a s9 plus worked fine and fast. That irritated me as I was trying to look up something and this expensive phone couldnt do it but my s9 plus did. Was at a restaurant where this happened meeting with a vendor.

Yea see. This is one reason I returned the Note 10+. I doesn’t pick up as well don’t my previous note 8. Not sure if it’s a modem firmware issue or a antenna design but since it happening to this phone in particular I’d say an antenna design.

Does the note support CBRS?

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
Yea see. This is one reason I returned the Note 10+. I doesn’t pick up as well don’t my previous note 8. Not sure if it’s a modem firmware issue or a antenna design but since it happening to this phone in particular I’d say an antenna design.

Does the note support CBRS?

I honestly am not sure if it does. But it was weird it just wouldn't work at all. I tried opening my FB app too, wouldn't refresh. But my work phone had no issues. :( Love the phone otherwise, but that is a concern.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter