Note 10 signal strength.

tekjunkie28

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I honestly am not sure if it does. But it was weird it just wouldn't work at all. I tried opening my FB app too, wouldn't refresh. But my work phone had no issues. :( Love the phone otherwise, but that is a concern.

Yea I agree. Definitely a nice phone though and I really wish it was for me. I do a lot of work in fringe areas and during the time I used one it wouldn’t connect to LTE. Although it did connect to 3G and attempt to use it. 3G here is just too slow to keep from timing out.

I’m only directly familiar with iPhones and Notes. I know that the design of the note 10 makes the antennas on the sides small. If you look at an iPhone the antenna are all the same. Given the track record of the Qualcomm modem I can only assume that the body design of the Note 10 plays a roll. I really wish Samsung would make a little more function over form in that department.

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
Yea I agree. Definitely a nice phone though and I really wish it was for me. I do a lot of work in fringe areas and during the time I used one it wouldn’t connect to LTE. Although it did connect to 3G and attempt to use it. 3G here is just too slow to keep from timing out.

I’m only directly familiar with iPhones and Notes. I know that the design of the note 10 makes the antennas on the sides small. If you look at an iPhone the antenna are all the same. Given the track record of the Qualcomm modem I can only assume that the body design of the Note 10 plays a roll. I really wish Samsung would make a little more function over form in that department.

Bring back the pull out antennas like the old days of flips. hahahah

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
I still have my Motorola star tac. Loved that phone so I kept it for memories. Lol.

b1a8e05e28f7bcc3fc2e132dcc8a319f.jpg

tekjunkie28

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I still have my Motorola star tac. Loved that phone so I kept it for memories. Lol.

b1a8e05e28f7bcc3fc2e132dcc8a319f.jpg

Wow. I have never seen that before. I really wasn’t into phones too much before about 2008. My first “smart phone” was a Samsung touch screen phone that was at US Cellular. The phone wasn’t that great if I remember right. After that was a LG Voyager which I think I still have. After that was the OG droid, droid max and then iPhone 4. After that I think was the Note 2.

tekjunkie28

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah that phone was released in 1996. I got it around that time too. Lol
67574fdb57879c51fb4bcc8cb199a42a.jpg

Wow. Does it still work?

Where I live I think it was 1998 or so before we even had a tower to provide service. My grandma had US Cellular and she was one of the 1st in the area with a cell phone. She drove a school bus and sometimes even the bus radio wouldn’t get out. It was some Motorola I think. Single line LCD screen and light up green rubber keys. She charged the phone by removing the battery.

EDIT: I saw the pic. Your StarTak looks a lot more modern the then I thought.

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
Wow. Does it still work?

Where I live I think it was 1998 or so before we even had a tower to provide service. My grandma had US Cellular and she was one of the 1st in the area with a cell phone. She drove a school bus and sometimes even the bus radio wouldn’t get out. It was some Motorola I think. Single line LCD screen and light up green rubber keys. She charged the phone by removing the battery.

With it plugged in yes. Battery is toast. Yeah, sounds like the brick phone people call it your grandma had. My brother had one of those. The signal is no longer available for this old phone though. So it's useless.

tekjunkie28

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Welp, just had the first experience where I couldnt browse the internet on my phone with a bar of service but my work phone a s9 plus worked fine and fast. That irritated me as I was trying to look up something and this expensive phone couldnt do it but my s9 plus did. Was at a restaurant where this happened meeting with a vendor.

I was ready more about this today. One person says the September update fixed theirs. Another said that they did a factory restore and of solved it also. It might also be some differences in HW, but that’s just a guess.

Also I did check. Note 10 does support CBRS which I think are bands 44/46.

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
I've had it happen two more times at two different restaurants again. This time at one, I restarted the phone when it was doing it and it fixed it for that time. Ugh.

tekjunkie28

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I've had it happen two more times at two different restaurants again. This time at one, I restarted the phone when it was doing it and it fixed it for that time. Ugh.

Well dang. Have you exhausted all the possible fixes? Have you factory reset the phone and started over from scratch? I know that sucks but not sure what else to do at this point. Samsung hasn’t said anything about it.

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
Well dang. Have you exhausted all the possible fixes? Have you factory reset the phone and started over from scratch? I know that sucks but not sure what else to do at this point. Samsung hasn’t said anything about it.

I ditched the Note 10 plus for a Pro Max now, and life is much better with my signal. Oh well. :(

runfar262

Aug 17, 2019
Visit site
I have Sprint and sometimes my Note 10+ lags in loading social media feeds and internet. But that has been the case with every phone I've had in the last ten years here in the southwest. It's the area and Sprint service. I love my Note 10+.:)