Note 2 take hell lot of time charge??

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I tried a different USB cable with the second Samsung charger I'd picked up from Amazon -- it seemed to charge faster. (It looks odd, though, because the charger is white and the different cable is black.) This I don't understand -- why would there be a difference in Samsung's own cables?

I can see falling down an OCD black hole here.

TheOtherBill

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
why would there be a difference in Samsung's own cables?
Although they may look the same, cables come in different versions, and there are pins in there that have different electrical properties (in relation to each other or to ground) depending on the intended use.

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Although they may look the same, cables come in different versions, and there are pins in there that have different electrical properties (in relation to each other or to ground) depending on the intended use.

But these two cables are the same product -- the white Samsung cable you get when you buy the white Samsung 2.0a travel charger for the Note 2.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
But these two cables are the same product -- the white Samsung cable you get when you buy the white Samsung 2.0a travel charger for the Note 2.

Maybe the older one has built some resistance up...

E = I x R
Energy = intensity x resistance
Or put in lame mans terms...

Volts = amps x ohms

The equation can be put any different way, and maybe just maybe the full 2.0 amps isn't reaching the phone. Have access to a multimeter with an amperage reading?

~swyped from a galaxy (note 2) far far away

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

E = I x R

Volts = amps x ohms

The equation can be put any different way, and maybe just maybe the full 2.0 amps isn't reaching the phone. Have access to a multimeter with an amperage reading?

If that's so, then the "older" one was shipped that way because it was bought only a month earlier. I haven't had a multimeter in ages. I'm not sure how I'd use one with micro USB anyway (i.e., where I'd find the polarities).

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
The only accurate multimeter for amps I've found had clamps on the end, the would go around the wire...

davidbessler

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Crazy! I NEVER would have thought that it was the cable. Mine started taking like 8 to 10 hours to charge ... it was roughly at the same time I rooted my phone so I was sure it had to do with that. Then, after reading this thread, I switched the cable out (not the wall-charger part) from the original samsung that came with my phone to a random nook cable that i had, and it charged in 2+ hours!

kgk1985

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
The white usb cable that came with my phone is junk. Falls out of the phone port so freakin easily. I got a 5 pack of 10ft cables off eBay for like $8. Work like a gem. The freedom of the 10ft cord is nice as well

sent from Galaxy Note 2

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

E = I x R

Volts = amps x ohms

You can use an app like battery monitor widget to see amperage.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

crxx

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I was having the same problem. ....turns out the charging cable (the original) was bad. I got a replacement in store (ifrogz brand) and it charges quickly

from my GALAXY NOTE II

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I wouldnt say bad but you gotta understand that not all usb cables are the same and the wires inside the cable while small maybe slightly different gauges and can therefore pipe more power.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

crxx

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I would expect this problem from a cheap knock off. .. but not from the original equipment within the first three months

from my GALAXY NOTE II

Jamian Smith

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
My girl friend had this issue. Alot of times its your battery. If your charging it for like 20 or 30 minutes at a time the battery may get worn out easy. I told her to start charging it only when she's sleeping. She charged it until it was completely charged. It eventually got to where she would go a whole wprk day without charging her phone. I work 12 hrs and I stopped caring my charger.

derick10

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
my samsung note2 have the same problem you have. its getting 8 hrs to charge. i use my frnds charger, but its getting same time??? why this happend???

ArunBalan

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue with My Note 2.
The issue is with Samsung's stock cable.
Every micro USB cable doesn't work fine with note 2.
I have tried connecting a variety of cables.
Nokia CA 101 and Sony Ericsson EC600R works perfectly fine.

Onemoa

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Yeah it seems changing the micro USB cable solves the issue every time.

I haven't had to but if for some reason I notice my Note 2 taking any longer then 3 hours to charge from nearly dead to full. It's the first thing I'll do.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4

BobR1908

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I dont think dis is normal but my note 2 after 4 months of use takes about 7 hours to charge even when I poweroff and charge it..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Mine charges in no time and the battery seems like it last forever. Example tonight I went from 18% to 85% in an hour. That was a few hours ago and with use my battery currently reads 81%!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genxathletix