Note 20 Ultra pre-order UK thread.

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
How are you finding your N20 Ultra ?
Battery / SOT etc ?

I think now that everything is settling down and I'm over the 'can't put it down' stage, its pretty much the same as the Note 10+
I mean battery life is ok but obviously it sucks more juice when using camera and intensive apps. I can get around 7 or 8 hours screen on time but not over a day, I don't spend that much time in a day on my phone but between charges.
I don't think the camera is as sharp as the Note 10+ but there are lots more options/settings, hopefully some updates will help. Generally it's going ok but like you have said, its an incremental update over the last Note.

The buds I do like, they take time to get used to but I put the bigger silicone rings on and when u put them in I twist them slightly and the fit is really good, the shake test does not move them, I shook them until I got a headache and they didn't budge lol.
Although they were free, I would have preferred a colour choice and gone for black, or white to match my phone but I don't mind the bronze but they do shine, I think they should have been matt bronze.

So generally a good experience, no lag and phone doesn't get hot. Still miffed about the inferior Exynos chip, I would get lots more SOT on the Snapdragon 865+ with my usage but it is what it is.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
I think now that everything is settling down and I'm over the 'can't put it down' stage, its pretty much the same as the Note 10+
I mean battery life is ok but obviously it sucks more juice when using camera and intensive apps. I can get around 7 or 8 hours screen on time but not over a day, I don't spend that much time in a day on my phone but between charges.
I don't think the camera is as sharp as the Note 10+ but there are lots more options/settings, hopefully some updates will help. Generally it's going ok but like you have said, its an incremental update over the last Note.

The buds I do like, they take time to get used to but I put the bigger silicone rings on and when u put them in I twist them slightly and the fit is really good, the shake test does not move them, I shook them until I got a headache and they didn't budge lol.
Although they were free, I would have preferred a colour choice and gone for black, or white to match my phone but I don't mind the bronze but they do shine, I think they should have been matt bronze.

So generally a good experience, no lag and phone doesn't get hot. Still miffed about the inferior Exynos chip, I would get lots more SOT on the Snapdragon 865+ with my usage but it is what it is.

Thank you for your insight. :)

I thought about importing a Snapdragon but after careful consideration over warranty and that some have experienced signal loss issues / 5G issues I moved away from looking into that.

The Snapdragon gives around 1 hour more screen on time or so I've read and gives a smoother gaming experience over longer periods of game play than the Exynos but I'm not a gamer in any shape or form !

During the day I'm working so not using my phone ( that's what I tell my boss ), so I'm not really a full on power user myself.

I agree the phone looks to be on par so far with my N10+ 5G which is fine. The 120hz adaptive refresh rate is one good improvement and so is the fps over the N10+ 5G.

I'm a phone guy so buy a phone per year.

I'll be content with the phone getting me through a day with some change left over.

I turn the phone off overnight and charge so I'm not concerned with not loads of battery left.

I've only charged it twice since last Monday as I'm still tweaking it to my taste and waiting for my dbrand skins to arrive.

7 to 8 hours Screen on time is pretty good tbh.

Any chance of a screenshot of your battery stats to see how it's performing. No biggie if not.

Notefan161

Jan 9, 2019
Visit site
I got about 5 hours screen time before it died yesterday. May average is about 4 and half hours screen time but I’m not on it loads during the week. Due to working 8am til 6pm the only time i use my phone is on my hour break and that’s mainly for podcasts e.t.c.

I use it for the gym to watch some on the bike and later on in the evening for an hour or so so 4 hours during the week is about right i would say.

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Any chance of a screenshot of your battery stats to see how it's performing. No biggie if not.

I probably won't let is go over 2 days when I'm at work, weekends are for that so next weekend I'll charge it on Friday morning and when its getting near empty I'll clip it for you, yesterday I finished the day on around 40% battery but had around 4.5 hrs screen on, I used the camera a bit and the app for my security cam, then the usual browsing etc.

20200831_102044.jpg

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
What's the consensus on the buds? Keeping or selling?

I have a set of bluetooth akg's I like, so I'm selling my buds on fleabay. Should recoup £120 or so of the note cost.
Beware of new Ebay rules. The buyer can tell Ebay they are not suitable, get a full refund and then you are responsible for the fees to get the item returned to you. And they don't need to prove you have returned them to get the refund. I know too many people who are been stung by these new rules. You also don't get paid for 28 days after the sale. I refuse to sell on ebay now.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
I probably won't let is go over 2 days when I'm at work, weekends are for that so next weekend I'll charge it on Friday morning and when its getting near empty I'll clip it for you, yesterday I finished the day on around 40% battery but had around 4.5 hrs screen on, I used the camera a bit and the app for my security cam, then the usual browsing etc.

View attachment 325627

Thank you.

See you like Facebook too ;)

If I get what your experiencing with Screen On Time and battery I'll be more than happy.

I'm using the Note 20 Ultra like I would usually use my N10+ 5G throughout the day to see what I get.

As I'm waiting for my dbrand delivery I'm not wanting g to take any chances by taking it to work etc as I work in warehousing.

Notefan161

Jan 9, 2019
Visit site

View attachment 325627
Damn that's good

You have any features off to get that good? Light mode on or off?

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Damn that's good

You have any features off to get that good? Light mode on or off?

Lots of sleeping apps, dark mode is on, I prefer dark mode TBH, power optimised and adaptive power off, after next charge I will try 60hz instead of 120hz, to me it's no biggie, also no Wi-Fi, data, GPS etc on if I don't need them. I don't even have the S Pen air actions on if I don't need it.

So basically instead of leaving everything on, I turn things on as I need them.
That edge screen app is doing some activity, active less than 1 minute but background 19h 30 m

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Feels decidedly similar to my N10+5G.

Normalish day today, off charger at 7am. 2230 at night with over 5 hours of SOT including Cod gaming and YouTube. 30% battery left.

120Hz with dark mode as I prefer it.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
Lots of sleeping apps, dark mode is on, I prefer dark mode TBH, power optimised and adaptive power off, after next charge I will try 60hz instead of 120hz, to me it's no biggie, also no Wi-Fi, data, GPS etc on if I don't need them. I don't even have the S Pen air actions on if I don't need it.

So basically instead of leaving everything on, I turn things on as I need them.
That edge screen app is doing some activity, active less than 1 minute but background 19h 30 m

I don't disable as much as you but I do have my chosen sleeping and deep sleep apps which is exactly the same as on my N10+ 5G.

This is the first full typical days usage I would perform throughout the day.

This is only the 2nd time I've charged the battery so I'm not expect to be at optimum output.

Note 20 Ultra.
Exynos.
Mobile Data On.
Wifi Off.
5G Off as i can't use 5G with my carrier.
Dark Mode.
Location On.
Sync On.
Bluetooth On.
Battery Optimisation On.
120Hz adaptive refresh rate On.

Phone booted up at 5am and turned Off at 20:54 which is when I'd normally power it down for charging overnight.

Turned On at 100% battery.
Turned Off at 47% battery.
Screen On Time 3h 19 minutes.

If I had left it on and continued using it then obviously I would have achieved a longer SOT but I kept to my usual daily use.

The N20 Ultra is very much on par with my N10+ 5G giving me easily a days usage with some change.

No warming up of the phone.

Happy Day's.

:)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200901-054341_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200901-054341_Samsung Internet.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 8

Notefan161

Jan 9, 2019
Visit site
First free gift from Samsung has arrived for pre ordering the galaxy watch
e297c1b2554c1d71e8f196beb70bc6d1.jpg

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I see, I think I'll stick to the old Anker 10w for now:)

I normally only use wireless charging at night so the older Duo Charger I got with my original 46mm Galaxy Watch that do 12.5w I think is more than good enough.
Same as I had a 10w in the office (when I was still working lol) but it probably only did 5w as it was plugged into the computers USB