Note 3 ROM/ Kernel Combo

Don164

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Hello All !

I have a Note 3 (SM-N900T) and my battery is fairly well not the best. After doing some battery analysis. My kernel keeps my phone awake among other apps which have been uninstalled.
My question is can anyone recommend a ROM that is fairly close to pure Android but still has S-Pen functionality . I want a ROM that is easily less than a Gb in size as its much easier on the system plus I also want a kernel which has the best battery performance and if their are professionals out their, can anyone recommend me some underclocking/ volting settings. I'm not a professional by any means but like others i'm fairly keen to learn. I would like a phone that easily gets me passed a day or even nearly 2 days of battery life. I'm not a heavy user of my phone, I switch off all toggles when not in use, i regularly greenify all apps, my screen brightness is always low and yet for some reason even a mundane task of watching a 5 minute video off youtube drains my battery by 3% or more.

Current ROM/ Kernel: Stock ROM (Android 4.3) + Stock Kernel

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
even a mundane task of watching a 5 minute video off youtube drains my battery by 3% or more.
That may seem mundane to you, but receiving and decoding a video stream uses a lot of CPU (which uses a lot of battery).

If you care for the battery properly it should last a day on the stock phone. Condition it when it's new, charge it when it's down to no lower than 40% and if you need more than that carry a spare battery. Constantly drawing the battery down to around 5%-10% (which most people do) will lower its charge capacity pretty sharply while it's still fairly young, and lead to a shot battery within about a year. (Run with Power Save on, which slows the CPU, to save even more power when you don't need blazing speed.)

Don164

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
That may seem mundane to you, but receiving and decoding a video stream uses a lot of CPU (which uses a lot of battery).

If you care for the battery properly it should last a day on the stock phone. Condition it when it's new, charge it when it's down to no lower than 40% and if you need more than that carry a spare battery. Constantly drawing the battery down to around 5%-10% (which most people do) will lower its charge capacity pretty sharply while it's still fairly young, and lead to a shot battery within about a year. (Run with Power Save on, which slows the CPU, to save even more power when you don't need blazing speed.)

I understand but I have the zerolemon 10,000mah battery its still the same problem, although I play the odd 3D game, I doubt. It fully uses the CPU hence the reason plus I want a change from stock.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armydudeJC