Note 3: S note help please!

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: S note help please!

Lots of good tips here.

That said, what difference is there between a handwritten tick and the three options method?

The goal is to check stuff off on the list. Does the handwritten method produce a less desirable or functional check mark?

My definitive answer : dunno.
But - I imagine it saves and transfers better. and you can clear the box or remove completely. Also swap to text mode. Does it save to computer. I could find a use for that.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

Connie Litrenta

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site

Maybe KitKat is the answer - I'm still on JB. Either that or I'm just a **** hahaha

Oh well!

Posted via Android Central App

Well I too have tried til I'm blue in the face and can NOT get the blue box to come up either (JB). Gotta be a KK thing right? I do realize that there are other apps out there but it's become my mission now. :-! I like finding useful things to do with the built-in apps. Fact is, I also have OneNote on my Note 3 and that does check box lists beautifully. I just hate when I can't figure something out. Grrrr (ok, maybe I'm a little obsessed here) :-\

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

Lots of good tips here.

That said, what difference is there between a handwritten tick and the three options method?

The goal is to check stuff off on the list. Does the handwritten method produce a less desirable or functional check mark?
Same question please. Did the blue option box work for you? Are you on KitKat? Thanks.

sarkycow

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site

My definitive answer : dunno.
But - I imagine it saves and transfers better. and you can clear the box or remove completely. Also swap to text mode. Does it save to computer. I could find a use for that.

Like I said it's not that it's any better or worse to check the box or have the option to check it using the app - but when you have messy handwriting (ie both my husband and I) sometimes I don't know if he's put a check next to something or a score through and vice versa.

I would be interested to find out if it is a KK vs JB difference. Just like Connie above I've tried everything I can and I don't get the option Madd gets.

Still blows my mind after 7 months with this phone how many hidden little features I've still to discover about it :)

Thanks for playing detective for us, Madd! :)

Sarks.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

Like I said it's not that it's any better or worse to check the box or have the option to check it using the app - but when you have messy handwriting (ie both my husband and I) sometimes I don't know if he's put a check next to something or a score through and vice versa.

I would be interested to find out if it is a KK vs JB difference. Just like Connie above I've tried everything I can and I don't get the option Madd gets.

Still blows my mind after 7 months with this phone how many hidden little features I've still to discover about it :)

Thanks for playing detective for us, Madd! :)

Sarks.

ge2e9a2a.jpg

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site

Hey Madd54, I just noticed something that might inidicate different version of S Note. When in edit mode, if you look between the words "Check List" and the top of the box containing the check boxes, I have a line of examples that indicates how you should check the box if it is Completed, Delayed, or Deleted. You do NOT show this in your screen shot. This leads me to believe that in my version, I am to follow the example provided and check the box manually with the indicated pen stroke whereas yours has been automated as you show and thus you do not need to see these "examples". Get it?

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

Hey Madd54, I just noticed something that might inidicate different version of S Note. When in edit mode, if you look between the words "Check List" and the top of the box containing the check boxes, I have a line of examples that indicates how you should check the box if it is Completed, Delayed, or Deleted. You do NOT show this in your screen shot. This leads me to believe that in my version, I am to follow the example provided and check the box manually with the indicated pen stroke whereas yours has been automated as you show and thus you do not need to see these "examples". Get it?

Hey CL.
I guess I don't have that. I can't see yours. I remember S-Note giving me a window about accepting an update some weeks ago, or I read it was released somewhere. You probably missed some posts in both threads. So I posted to Sarks I have version 3.1.0 in Applications Manager.
I put another shot in the other thread (again here) where there is a similar but different? option pop out on the Schedule template.
Let me know if you have 3.1.0 like me so I can sleep tonight. :)
ba3upenu.jpg
yjy8egum.jpg
babejy5e.jpg

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site

Holy Mackeral. I am SOOOOO outdated but I haven't seen any options to update. Mine is 1.0 (sad)

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

Holy Mackeral. I am SOOOOO outdated but I haven't seen any options to update. Mine is 1.0 (sad)

There we have it then. Well spotted.
I'm 99% sure I had the later S-Note well before I went to KitKat. I don't know how you get an update on that.
Where did you ladies buy your phones.
It wasn't an Indonesian flea market or garage sale, was it? :)
Regards.

Via my Note 3 on AC.

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site

There we have it then. Well spotted.
I'm 99% sure I had the later S-Note well before I went to KitKat. I don't know how you get an update on that.
Where did you ladies buy your phones.
It wasn't an Indonesian flea market or garage sale, was it? :)
Regards.

Cute and NO, I got mine right from the source - AT&T Store. Sammy gots some splainin' to do!

Via my Note 3 on AC.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Hold our horses. Double check that - I remembered in the Apps Manager list, Easy Chart comes up first with the S-Note logo. Maybe you do have 3.1.0. Can't see you missing that unless you were in a hurry.
e7y7azer.jpg

Last edited:

sarkycow

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Hold our horses. Double check that - I remembered in the Apps Manager list, Easy Chart comes up first with the S-Note logo. Maybe you do have 3.1.0. Can't see you missing that unless you were in a hurry. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/28/e7y7azer.jpg

I have version 1.0 too. I've included a screenshot of it. Bastards leaving us so behind! Haha. I guess when Verizon rolls out KK and if I accept it I will have the check marks too.

Oh and Madd, my handwriting is as bad or worse ..we are in the same ballpark! And my husband is worse!

Mystery solved?! (Thanks to Det. Madd and Clitrenta)

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1395953821719.jpg
    1395953821719.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I have version 1.0 too. I've included a screenshot of it. Bastards leaving us so behind! Haha. I guess when Verizon rolls out KK and if I accept it I will have the check marks too.

Oh and Madd, my handwriting is as bad or worse ..we are in the same ballpark! And my husband is worse!

Mystery solved?!

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Ah. That's what I wanted to be sure of. You both still have 1.0 showing on the main S-Note app details.
I am not totally sure it is KitKat related, I thought I had it longer than KitKat. Maybe someone will know, if you don't want to, or cannot update to KitKat yet.

Thanks for letting me know.

.... and actually my handwriting looks alright on those screenshots, but if I write more than a few words at a time it falls to pieces. My brain starts to write individual letters in differing ways, and a nerve or muscle in my wrist goes limp. I like to think it's from too much tennis in the past. Trust me, its really bad. Your fianc? and you sound a match. (Why do you call him Vice Versa?)

Still would be interested if you can update S-Note without KitKat, or you are just waiting for 4.4 still. Let me know.
Maybe someone else has knowledge of S-Note.

*Sounds like Sammy's in for it tomorrow from you two ladies. :) * *You are waiting on Verizon, got it now. And Connie is on AT&T. *

All good fun. Regards.

Via my Note 3 on AC. *I edit a lot*

Last edited:

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site

Same question please. Did the blue option box work for you? Are you on KitKat? Thanks.

Oh, sorry. I missed your earlier question.

I'm on 4.3. Tried for awhile the other night, but couldn't get the blue box options to work.

That caused me to pause and wonder that even if I managed to get the blue boxes to work, would my grocery list be special and do magical things for me at the store? Or would just putting a regular handwritten check mark end up being the same thing digitally, logically, and practically?

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

Oh, sorry. I missed your earlier question.

I'm on 4.3. Tried for awhile the other night, but couldn't get the blue box options to work.

That caused me to pause and wonder that even if I managed to get the blue boxes to work, would my grocery list be special and do magical things for me at the store? Or would just putting a regular handwritten check mark end up being the same thing digitally, logically, and practically?
Thanks for replying. We wanted to find out if it was a Kitkat version of S_Note. I was sure I received an update on S-Note before I got KitKat. I think now I am wrong and my version only appeared after KitKat.
So if you are on 4.3 you probably won't see S-Note version 3.1.0 in Applications Manager. So you will not have the functions that I currently have on KitKat. The members above have version 1.0 of S-Note until / if they update to KitKat.
There is extra functionality on other templates as well. What the ultimate benefits are / will be as you say is probably down to the user. Certainly more options to add and transfer material, and convert digitally. We have to play with it more.
You should get the new version then if you decide to receive the 4.4 update when available. All more confusing than we realised. Best.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

JB.. My checkboxes are pen only (no widget)

Thanks for replying. I misunderstood your reference to a widget earlier. So you were saying you are on Jelly Bean and can only write on the checkboxes.
That tallies with what you may have since read above. So a new version of S-Note will update with KK, it seems, to version 3.1.0. A lot of the templates will act digitally then. Regards.

daves221

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for replying. I misunderstood your reference to a widget earlier. So you were saying you are on Jelly Bean and can only write on the checkboxes.
That tallies with what you may have since read above. So a new version of S-Note will update with KK, it seems, to version 3.1.0. A lot of the templates will act digitally then. Regards.

Thanks. I'm on snote 1.0..pathetic... I've never found a way to update it.. Quite sad because I like it.. I bet the new one is much better. I have tried the handwriting on Evernote bit I still like snote a little better. Maybe this is the reason to update to kk. Given the att rollout now my guess is Verizon isn't far behind. I guess the tradeoffs of kk may be outweighed for me! (I did see that the 'digital' ui is a little different from these screens shots, such as the edit button being down below.. Looks like the checks can be selected without edit?). Thanks for your post.

daves221

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
And, what I really want is more cover options and templates.. Many more. Although I do like that I can put a photo on the cover to differentiate them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bawan maviya