Note 3 screen freeze

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
If you want to be the first kid on the block with the new toy, high prices and glitches is the price you pay for being an early adopter...something I refuse to do.

OK. Makes since. BUT, what if you wait to buy a phone, any phone, and it gets an update which breaks something that you love, what are you going to say then? Maybe..."Well, I was the 20th kid on the block with high prices still. That's the price you pay for waiting 5 months to buy this phone....something I won't do again...."

Hint for you. Most phones have some sort of glitch after a major update...some after a minor update. This doesn't pertain to any 1 manufacturer or model. So why not be an adopter? At least you can enjoy it.

swagat

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Signal Fluctuation causing screen freeze
I have a weird issue with my note 3 sm-9005. Every time my phone's gsm signal fluctuates, if i am working on ti at that time, the screen will freeze. the touch screen works fine on the on the lock screen i mean i can unlock the phone using the touch screen, but after that if the signal keeps fluctuating, i cant use the touch screen. Can someone please advise. Have done numerous factory resets and have flashed twice too. I am rooted but on stock rom and recovery.

Is someone else having this weird issue or is it just me.

Jason James5

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Most of my issues are with the AT&T 'Messaging' and yes 'Messages' apps which seem to hang the phone. Also when i take my head away from the phone to hang up the screen stays black and i have to hold the right hand side button and reset to hang up a call. If this is the new Operating system it was not tested very well. Really hope the update is soon. I left Iphone for this and so far the apps do not out weight being able to just text and take calls!

Tsrif_Tsal

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Mine doing the exact same thing. I will finish a call and as I take it away from my head to end the call the screen stays black and sometimes freezes.

Did this even before the firmware upgrade which was done a week ago. Thought this would solve the issue. Now looking at doing a total clean install with no Samsung apps.

I only install the bare minimum of apps required otherwise the phone becomes cluttered with unnecessary and unused apps.

H3cks

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
I had a ton of issues, I mean a ton of them. Freezing, alarm clock not working, crashing randomly. I disabled a lot of the Samsung apps via the launcher (non root method). I cleared out data on a lot of apps, I barely installed my own apps, didn't use a launcher. Mind you this is after swapping out the phone once and being on my second one. Then recently it was acting really really crazy and I went ahead and rebooted into recovery and cleared cache.

Then it started acting normal. Now for the past couple days I've been trying to purposely crash it by opening tons of apps and not 'closing them out'. I've installed everything I normally have and am using the phone like I used my s3 or note 2. No crashing no nothing. So Idk if this helped or if a problem app got updated and stopped giving me problems but now I'm on my last day of return period and wondering if I should accept it OR return this one and be sure that it wasn't the phone on the second one too.

fasnic

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Mine did the same thing and did a factory hard reset. I noticed it doing it more after downloaded another clock app. Once I erased and factory reset have not noticed again so far

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk 4

Very interesting you say that... As I've had my 'Clock' crash and my alarm not go off 4x now. This morning I was an hour late for work because of it. I had Another Clock App installed, but wasn't using it, along with a couple other clock apps. I just removed all of them... I'm Hoping that is the cause. As after the 'Clock' crashes, the whole phone starts getting glichy, and I can't even restart\turn it off. I have to pull the battery.

I'm definitely not happy with it locking up, but when my alarm crashes, kind of kills one of the simple reasons I have a good phone.

fasnic

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I have exactly the same problem with my alarm clock on my Galaxy Note 3. Really annoying. Hope to see a fix for this soon!

After your alarm clock crashes, does the phone get glitchy, and then if you try to restart\turn off the phone does it lock up?

Skovhus

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Yes, it is glitchy after the alarm clock crashes. Sometimes I can restart the phone but other times I have to pull out the battery. I have tryed using another alarm clock app, but same issue, so I don't think it is a problem with a specific app.

rschloss

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Sounds a lot like the problems I was having. Was ready to give up and go back to the iPhone but then took it to the AT& T store this weekend (one with a repair/customer phone center) & they looked at the model or build number and immediately gave me a new phone with no questions. Clearly it was some build or batch issue although he didn't come right out & say it. The new phone works completely fine (was skeptical at first but the difference is pretty amazing) You may want to see if you can do the same because your description (message center stuff) was exactly what I experienced along with over heating.

jakedsnake

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
I updated with KitKat a week ago. My Note 3 is starting to crash / freeze up / restart itself on a regular basis now. For the love of God the Note 3 has 3GB of RAM and still locks up like this. I blame Touchwiz. It's useless redundant software that bogs down the phone to be a useless mess.

H3cks

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
I updated with KitKat a week ago. My Note 3 is starting to crash / freeze up / restart itself on a regular basis now. For the love of God the Note 3 has 3GB of RAM and still locks up like this. I blame Touchwiz. It's useless redundant software that bogs down the phone to be a useless mess.

Been thinking bout going to a custom touchwiz Rom. Mine is under control because I removed and/or froze most problem apps. So mine never crashes now. But I do keep an eye on RAM and restart phone more regularly.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site

Mine is opposite. Was having screen freeze quite frequently before updating to kitkat. After updating I do not encounter it anyone.

Viswanath Menon

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I am facing problems of my No Note 3 freezing, hanging, buttons not responding, email sync disabled, s view disabled (bought from net), auto updating despite keeping all update options off including wifi option off, screen auto rotating even with the button off...and all these problems after they rogue updated the software to 4.4.2. Did some six resets in last two months. I think many people are facing the problem. Probably Samsung Mobile will soon see its total crash in India as they are quite pricey but of inferior quality

H3cks

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately it got to the point my GPS wouldn't lock and that was too far for me. Had to switch phones. Have HTC M8 now. Night and day difference.

Sent from my HTC M8

Annette Green

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
I too have the galaxy note 3, A few days ago I was asked to update to kitkat, I did so and immediately my Note 3 started b acing Screen Freezing wou I'd not do nothing when I touched the scree. I could not turn it off to b reset it it wou lo del be a black scrren. Several times I b ad to remove the battery so I could get it to w irk and then right away I did reset factory settings and Start all over from the begining. Since I did that a nd got rid of kit kat update I no longer have those problems. Please pass this on, If anyone recently downloaded the kitkat and started b Ave al it of problems take back to factory settings that is the only way to fix up phone. I am p Manning to talk to customer serv I certainly and report what happened.

trar

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
HELP! Verizon is sending me my THIRD Note 3! I am not tech literate, and they just keep sending a new phone. My Note 3 freezes and I have to take the battery out, or it shuts down and reboots on its own. First I ran it in safe mode. It rebooted once. Then I added back apps. It started rebooting like crazy on Saturday. I did a factory reset and added just the UP app and it started freezing instead of rebooting. Spent until 2 AM on phone with Verizon. They had me do the repair software update and now it is freezing up and the screen is heating up if I wait for it to turn off. It vibrated non stop right after the system repair software was done...that is when they just offered me a third phone and a battery. I want a DIFFERENT phone but I guess that is not allowed. If the first two have had issues....why wouldn't e third. I need to know the BEST way to avoid these issue with the phone when I set it up. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks for any advise from this website!