Note 3 uses way too much battery!

Yas112

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
Ive recently got my note 3 and im thinking of giving it back. It uses 40% overnight when im not even using it. It uses around 10% every hour generally. During the day I don't use it for 8 hours and it uses 30% !!!!! I've taken screenshots but don't know how to attach them...*

Thanks
Yas

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

Amia BooMaster

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Re: note 3 uses way to much battery!!!

Something is going crazy in the background. Overnight my phone my loose like, 3%??? Yeah something is wrong here.

Sent from my BEAST Note 3 using Tapatalk

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

Something is going crazy in the background. Overnight my phone my loose like, 3%??? Yeah something is wrong here.

Sent from my BEAST Note 3 using Tapatalk

WOW, thats a lot can you tell me what apps you have open and/or if your wifi is on......SMILE

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

Ive recently got my note 3 and im thinking of giving it back. It uses 40% overnight when im not even using it. It uses around 10% every hour generally. During the day I don't use it for 8 hours and it uses 30% !!!!! I've taken screenshots but don't know how to attach them...*

Thanks
Yas

Posted via Android Central App

Welcome to Android Central....ENJOY

DoGGyPlanetWoof

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site

Yes me too. After kitkat upgrade battery eats it's self fast. Worst update ever.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site

We need to see the screen shots first.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

As others have said please post pictures of your battery stats :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

KiwiGrrl

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site

I uninstalled Tumblr today cos it had suddenly started using massive amounts of battery, even after a force stop. It was at the levels you describe. Looking at your battery stats will tell you what's eating it all up.

... sent from the road

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

uploadfromtaptalk1395792646533.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1395792663951.jpg
Now with this "live" wallpaper rotating, I expect for battery drainage to be on the high side. I like the look of it though so I kinda don't mind.....SMILE
Sent from MY BLACK G'NOTE3

JellyBeanGurl

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site

Now with this "live" wallpaper rotating, I expect for battery drainage to be on the high side. I like the look of it though so I kinda don't mind.....SMILE
Sent from MY BLACK G'NOTE3

Wow! Had no idea we can use a live wallpaper like that! Very neat!

Sent From My Samsung Note 3

V J

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site

Turn off background sync, turn off data

@T-Mobile GN3

Don't do this. There's something else up with your device for sure. I'm on 4.4.2 (out of the box) with 2 emails, facebook, ebay, viber, whatsapp, skype all synced 24/7 and I only lose 1% every 3 hours on standby. Other people are the same so I'd say that the typical standby battery life. Having said that, there are many people experiencing extreme battery drain after updating to 4.4.x and it sounds like you might be one of them.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site

Don't do this. There's something else up with your device for sure. I'm on 4.4.2 (out of the box) with 2 emails, facebook, ebay, viber, whatsapp, skype all synced 24/7 and I only lose 1% every 3 hours on standby. Other people are the same so I'd say that the typical standby battery life. Having said that, there are many people experiencing extreme battery drain after updating to 4.4.x and it sounds like you might be one of them.

why not? you already said other people has battery drains, and your suggestion is do nothing about it?

ps, if you want to convince me your battery drained 1%/3hrs with all those apps open, post some screenshots please.

V J

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site

why not? you already said other people has battery drains, and your suggestion is do nothing about it?

ps, if you want to convince me your battery drained 1%/3hrs with all those apps open, post some screenshots please.

Here you go:

Screenshot_2014-03-26-22-57-14.jpg Screenshot_2014-03-26-22-57-22.jpg Screenshot_2014-03-26-22-57-37.jpg

As you can see I'm actually getting more than 3 hours per 1% on standby, no charging in between. I believe others who updated to KitKat successfully reported similar increases in standby battery life. Mine came with KitKat out of the box.

I'm sorry you took offense to me saying don't do what you said, although I need to point out that I never said "don't do anything". Like others have suggested, the OP should post some screenshots of his battery usage so we can analyze further. A 40% drop during overnight standby is extreme when I lose 3% over 9 hour's sleep.

It's highly unlikely that turning off data and sync will solve anything when the battery drain is that high. Even if it did, if he's gonna use a monster "smartphone" like the Note 3 without data or features synced then he's better off going back to 2001 and getting a Nokia 3310. Sure he won't have internet, but his standby will last 10 times longer. Just saying.

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

Here you go:

View attachment 109509 View attachment 109510 View attachment 109511

As you can see I'm actually getting more than 3 hours per 1% on standby, no charging in between. I believe others who updated to KitKat successfully reported similar increases in standby battery life. Mine came with KitKat out of the box.

I'm sorry you took offense to me saying don't do what you said, although I need to point out that I never said "don't do anything". Like others have suggested, the OP should post some screenshots of his battery usage so we can analyze further. A 40% drop during overnight standby is extreme when I lose 3% over 9 hour's sleep.

It's highly unlikely that turning off data and sync will solve anything when the battery drain is that high. Even if it did, if he's gonna use a monster "smartphone" like the Note 3 without data or features synced then he's better off going back to 2001 and getting a Nokia 3310. Sure he won't have internet, but his standby will last 10 times longer. Just saying.

Same here, I loose approx 3% per nine hours on standby, but I'm still on JellyBean......This is NOT a problem for me and meets MY satisfaction.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site

You are mistaken. I am just saying you really did not offer any practical things for OP to try, all you did was listing your battery drain, which really give OP no solution.

And, since google already admitted battery drain problem in KK and is working on a patch, there is no need to claim KK is somehow "fine".

Lastly, I meant he/she should turn off data when phone is not in use, not all the time.

V J

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site

You are mistaken. I am just saying you really did not offer any practical things for OP to try, all you did was listing your battery drain, which really give OP no solution.

And, since google already admitted battery drain problem in KK and is working on a patch, there is no need to claim KK is somehow "fine".

Lastly, I meant he/she should turn off data when phone is not in use, not all the time.

If you think I'm claiming that KitKat is somehow fine then you are the one mistaken. As I clearly said on my first post there are a number of people experiencing severe battery drain after updating to KitKat and pointed out that the OP might be one of such cases, as they seem pretty common. If I didn't imply it strongly enough, I was basically pointing him towards the direction of those threads (as there are a few of them) so he can see if he's experiencing the same symptoms as the others and possibly find more information on how to fix the problem.

Also, while turning off sync and data when not in use is an acceptable battery saving practice, disabling some of the "core" features of a smartphone is not really considered a solution. I'm sure the OP would like to be able to use his device as a smartphone is meant to be used.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevnew1