Note 4 - Anyone regret getting charcoal black??

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site

skittlepop

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: Anyone regret getting charcoal black??

I got the charcoal..........but I think this is the first phone I've seen where I slightly prefer the white. It is a really premium looking device in white. If it were purely a show off fashion item that I was going to rock naked, I would have gone white. I prefer my bezel to disappear and charcoal will look better in a smokey transparant case to me (Tech21 impact mesh).

dehvokahn

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site

I got the charcoal, and while I love the way the white looks, I know I'd get tired of it eventually, whereas the black is just....default. The white is really beautiful though. Heck, the device is gorgeous, no matter which color you pick!

Old Guy 59

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site

I've seen the white and black Note 4s. I have the black one and do not regret my choice.

eclectic11

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
If people think that the black version is gray, I either got a different shipment or my eyes are shot. Cause this is not gray.

I agree it looks black now that I have it at home and out of best buy. But in the store with all the lights in there it did have a blueish grey look. It was just the lighting. I don't notice it now and it is black. But not as black as the note 3.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I agree it looks black now that I have it at home and out of best buy. But in the store with all the lights in there it did have a blueish grey look. It was just the lighting. I don't notice it now and it is black. But not as black as the note 3.

I think that it looks sexier with the slightly lighter color.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I bought the White, didn't open it but spent a few hours (picked her up on lunch time) thinking about whether I should exchange it for the Black.

After work, I exchanged it. Looks so much sexier.

seabass

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Got sick of my white phone and it's black case. The white one looks great, especially bare, but in a case, especially one that doesn't match, I'm not a huge fan. It also gets a bit dirtier over the course of a 2 year contract.

LukeJM93

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site

Yeah so I guess you like showing off your feminine side by getting a white phone. Just like 99% of women with white iPhone's :)

I've actually heard women prefer black ones.
And when you've got that Black S-Pen in there, well, you know where I'm going with this....

Silvercorvette

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site

I had a Note 3 in black (come to think of it ever phone I have owned in the past 10~15 years has been black) and was going to get the N 4 in black but changed my mind at the last moment I placed my order, and now that Ihave white I love it. My guess is I probably would have been happy with black if I never saw a side by side comparison.

Silvercorvette

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site

You are probably a car nut like myself, and probable close to my age to remember the Caddy. When I was in my 20s I became friends with a guy I worked with that had a big car collecting. I got to ride in a model T, a 1933 Cadillac, a car with an aluminum body (I think it was a Charmers {SP?]). I usually took my vacations at times and locations where there were car meets. Back in the 1970s I spent an entire day at Hara's car collection in Reno Nevada. If I remember correctly it fill three aircraft hangers

Workrefresh

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
I got the white note 4 yesterday after having a white note 3. Never had a problem with it being dirty, it just felt weird going from one white phone to another, though the white note 4 is gorgeous. I went to exchange to black at the T-Mobile store hubby bought it from, but they were out of notes completely. As luck would have it, they DID have the tech 21 case I'd been searching for in black, so now my phone looks like a regal oreo and I'm completely in love with the look.

jayochs

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
i've got the black and i love it..i'm glad it's not flat black, because i'm so sick of that. i love this bluish black like the GS4 was. i've got the white galaxy tab S, so the black note 4 compliments it well!

ravenwhale

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
First saw the white one in BB and did not like the way the shiny bezels look with the white. They did not have the charcoal one in yet. Went back a few days later and they had both, side by side. Am I glad. The charcoal looks so much nicer. The shiny bezels don't stand out as much and to me that is a good thing. And, the charcoal back is smoother and has a better grip. Activating mine now! Can't wait to see that gorgeous screen!

philip42

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I would have one complaint about the white...you can't see the notification light during daylight!

Posted via Android Central App

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Just went into Best Buy and the white version looks 1000 times nice then the black.;)

I'm actually thinking about exchanging my black Verizon for the white one before my 14 days are up.
I've always thought black phones were for guys but that white is changing my mine. :p I better decide quick.

Crazy or not?

Last edited: