Note 4 Bluetooth "skipping" audio.

wrx2005

Jul 21, 2017
Visit site
Android Nougat has brought about enhanced power saving, making the Doze feature first seen in Android Marshmallow even better... However this can have adverse affects; especially if using apps with the screen off or in the background such as Spotify.

You can customise which apps are affected by this doze feature by following the steps below:

1. Open the Settings app on your phone (Pull down the notifications shade, and tap the gear in the upper right corner, or find “Settings” in the App Drawer.)
2. Tap Battery.
3. Tap the menu button and choose “Battery optimization.”
4. Tap the dropdown menu at the top of the screen and select “All apps.”
5. Scroll down to Spotify - tap it and select "Don't Optimize"

Now Spotify will not be controlled by the Android system's power saving enabling it to run in the background.
To ALL. I have a Note 4 SM-N910F. Unlocked and rooted. I have read page after page. I do understand many have tried different methods.

Some claim it worked, others claim it didnt work. What worked for me was simply doing what someone suggested earlier in this thread.
TURN OFF MY WIFI. All through my testing of solutions, the one thing I failed to do, was turn off my wifi.

Once I turned off WIFI, I played music through my Motorola H19txt bluetooth, and my Powerbeats 2 headset. Both played flawlessly. I got up and walked about 15 ft away. Still connected, playing flawlessly. No disconnects or skips.

Ok so I decided to turn my wifi back on. Immediately it went back to skipping, and when using the Powerbeats headset, the BT device would disconnect and reconnect, then disconnect. It keep cycling off and on.

So that convinced me that when WIFI is enabled, it takes away from the bluetooth capability. So until I find a way to have both wifi and bluetooth on at the same time, I know my wifi has to be off while using bluetooth. That means not being able to stream anything or surf the internet while using bluetooth.