Note 4 "J"

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Heard the same thing about a February announcement to be released in mid to late April. Bit that is all rumor. Highly doubt it is the Note 4; the 3 was just released.

From a Sprint Moto X on AC forums app.

stan23

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Neither..

"The Galaxy J is a Samsung smartphone exclusive to Japan, featuring a 5-inch 1080p Super AMOLED display, 2.26GHz quad-core Snapdragon 800 processor, 3GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, microSD support, 13-megapixel camera with OIS and 2600mAh battery."

From android authority

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Looks nice but it looks small, might have to wait for the Note 4 or the S5 if the rumours are true that its 5.3"

You are right. Anything that tops the Note 3, I am jumping on it!! Pure and simple!! :D

IMO, and I know they can do it, but to top the Note 3, that is going to be a high bar to jump..They could start with first, offering a 64gb right from the start.. Give 128gb sd support, 4gb of RAM slightl faster processor, and if they want to increase the resolution, I won't be mad, or they can keep it the same.. :) Can always take a stronger battery. Make that 5 gb of RAM.. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

wrich2005

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Why abandon the note 3? There's not really any programs that challenge the Sd800 processor there really won't be any that challenges any further advanced ones either for a while

Posted via Android Central App

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
You are right. Anything that tops the Note 3, I am jumping on it!! Pure and simple!! :D

IMO, and I know they can do it, but to top the Note 3, that is going to be a high bar to jump..They could start with first, offering a 64gb right from the start.. Give 128gb sd support, 4gb of RAM slightl faster processor, and if they want to increase the resolution, I won't be mad, or they can keep it the same.. :) Can always take a stronger battery. Make that 5 gb of RAM.. :D

It would need a 64 bit proc to utilize more than 4GB ram. At this point in time, I think 64bit and 4GB ram would be optimal once it's released in 2014 by QUALCOMM but nothing at the moment beats the Note 3.

jedi105

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
The only things I would change about the note is

1. Who is the ***** that designed the speaker on the bottom of the phone where it would likely be blocked by a persons hand or even their chest or stomach. I swear, the people who design these things just dont have any common sense. Looking at my phone, I see plenty of space at the top where the ear speaker is and the word Samsung. On either side they could have easily fit 2 speakers with a small cutout in the glass like the one for the ear speaker. This is just a simple concept that seems to be beyond the engineers of high tech toys.

2. Samsung - I just want to scream about all of the bloatwear you have installed on MY phone. I paid for it so leave it alone. Same goes to you Verizon

JellyBeanGurl

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
The only things I would change about the note is

1. Who is the ***** that designed the speaker on the bottom of the phone where it would likely be blocked by a persons hand or even their chest or stomach. I swear, the people who design these things just dont have any common sense.
My iPhone 5 speaker was at the bottom as well. It's annoying. I agree.

Sent From My Samsung Note 3 using Tapatalk

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Well, you probably know by now, but this was to announce the Galaxy J on Taiwan (so far it's only been available in Japan). And let me tell you, I'm in Tokyo right now and have visited the Electronics district just to see this phone... it has NOTHING on the Note 3. (OK, so maybe it's got a lot going on for it, but the Note 3 is better). Spec-wise it's basically a Note 3, but even with the iPhone5s look, the Note 3 just stands out better. The screen is smaller on the J, so that's a minus for me...and then there's the S-Pen, the reason I traded my S4 for the Note 3. And the J doesn't have that.

I did, however, have to give the J something: IT COMES IN BEAUTIFUL, METAL RED. Mouthwatering, heart-melting, drop-your-panties-when-you-see-my-phone sexy...

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Why abandon the note 3? There's not really any programs that challenge the Sd800 processor there really won't be any that challenges any further advanced ones either for a while

Posted via Android Central App
I will give you my opinion as to why abandon the Note 3..... it is true that it is an excellent piece of machine hardware type however, the software is full of bugs, lags, freezes etc.... Don't take me wrong I love this phone and I believe it has potential to be the best machine out there but some how I don't think Samsung did their work with it. Comes March when supposedly the S5 is coming out, I will look into it. I just don't feel that I should have to make concessions accepting a phone that to me it is not up to quality aside from the fact it cost 700 plus dollars. It is like having the best airplane with a mediocre pilot flying it, what good is it ?...Again this is only my opinion. :(

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Just a word of advice @fantom305 if you're looking for a 'lag free' phone from Samsung, I wouldn't bet on it. Galaxy S5 or Magic Elves 2015 or Unicorn Cortex Extreme S5 with Dragon Heart GigaCore CPU or whatever they decide to call it is most certainly going to launch with TouchWiz. THAT is the problem. You want your Note 3 to run smooth? Change launchers. I've used the J and it feels just as laggy because of TouchWiz.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I don't know where you guys are seeing lag on the Note 3. I'm 2 months into owning one and I'm very happy to say I've never seen it. Maybe I'm more anal about keeping my phone running good but coming from a smooth iPhone. This is just as smooth as far as the os goes.

Sent from my gameboy color

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I don't know where you guys are seeing lag on the Note 3
I will give you two instances which have been very well documented in this forums. When the phone is on sleep mode and you press either the power or home button to wake it up, there is a noticeable delay on the screen waking up and it is not because of the pre installed apps under the home button because I already removed them. Second instance when you are on a phone call for some time and the screen has gone black and you move it away from you ear to either hang up or to use the key pad, it does take a while for the screen to illuminate in order to do what you need to do. Well you might say through the settings keep the screen on all the time while making the call, it could be done but then the screen gets hot. Very often while trying to hang up on a phone call I have to hit the END button several times cause the screen doesn't respond and this is my second Note 3. If you haven't experienced any of those mentioned the more power to you, you are one of the lucky ones.

power5

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I only see lag when locking the phone. I think I have not pressed the lock button every time. Other than that, I have removed all animations and am running nova launcher so I have no lag at all.

Case looks great on that teaser, but I bet its still plastic.

You doubt it would be a good idea to put a speaker on the top of the phone next to an ear piece. I would expect that to cause all sorts of problems when using speaker phone, or other apps that require a mic and speaker. I guess HTC one did that in a way, but I think they may have some tricks up their sleeve for when both are required. In that case, I would be that only the top speaker works and the bottom is the mic. Who knows. Maybe I am off base.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I will give you two instances which have been very well documented in this forums. When the phone is on sleep mode and you press either the power or home button to wake it up, there is a noticeable delay on the screen waking up and it is not because of the pre installed apps under the home button because I already removed them. Second instance when you are on a phone call for some time and the screen has gone black and you move it away from you ear to either hang up or to use the key pad, it does take a while for the screen to illuminate in order to do what you need to do. Well you might say through the settings keep the screen on all the time while making the call, it could be done but then the screen gets hot. Very often while trying to hang up on a phone call I have to hit the END button several times cause the screen doesn't respond and this is my second Note 3. If you haven't experienced any of those mentioned the more power to you, you are one of the lucky ones.

Yeah I haven't. I guess i am a lucky one. I think with any phone your going to have an issue. No phone will be perfect. Some people seem to look for the flaws an it makes them bothered but I guess I'm the opposite.

Sent from my gameboy color

gregg6942

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I will give you my opinion as to why abandon the Note 3..... it is true that it is an excellent piece of machine hardware type however, the software is full of bugs, lags, freezes etc.... Don't take me wrong I love this phone and I believe it has potential to be the best machine out there but some how I don't think Samsung did their work with it. Comes March when supposedly the S5 is coming out, I will look into it. I just don't feel that I should have to make concessions accepting a phone that to me it is not up to quality aside from the fact it cost 700 plus dollars. It is like having the best airplane with a mediocre pilot flying it, what good is it ?...Again this is only my opinion. :(

My Note 3 is not full of bugs,well, there is that gray shield thing that pops up, it takes approximately .1 second to swipe away, I really have noticed no lag at all,has never froze up etc...I have made no concessions with this phone...I am truly enjoying this phone, every single day, I am so sorry that you are not...maybe check out LG,Motorola,or HTC,even a Nexus, maybe you would enjoy one of them.

wrich2005

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Not only Samsung phones will have lag for the foreseeable future... all phones will. Even the iPhone. iOS 7 definitely doesn't have all the bugs worked out either. Debloating/ custom roms seem to alleviate most of the issues at least for me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mickmac