Note 4 paint chipping

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I just got my note 4 yesterday. When I was in the tmobile store they were switching over my sim ect so naturally it was opened at the store, when the rep gave me the device I inspected it, the champered edge on the top by the speaker speaker grill was cracked, it was really small but it was there. He had no idea what happened but they gave me a new one right on the spot. Samsung might not be as spot on with their manufacturing process as say apple.

Posted via the Android Central App

Any phone can have defects. Name any phone that is mass produced and you will find some that had issues with it. Quality Control is there to help prevent these issues but ... on devices mass produced like iPhone and Samsung products ... There is bound to be a few bad ones. The companies even know this .. That is why we have warranties ;).

akutch34

Trusted Member
May 26, 2011
Visit site
I've had mine since... November. It is chipped around the headphone jack. The phone has always been in a case, and always kept in my jacket pocket, alone. /shrug. Stuff happens.

FORREST LAW

May 19, 2015
Visit site
from what i read its normal

i regret switching from my iphone 4s to note 4, i was very exercised to see the leather back design and the huge screen when i first got my note4, but it all went down hill from there

* paint chipped where the usb is for NO reason, if so what was it? i TOUCHED it too hard?? (youtube paint chipping, its common)
* got NO 3G signal 4G signal
* phone stopped waking up if you take the battery out and reinsert it, unless you plugged it into a wall (read online its a common problem)
* did chat support/phone support/1300 support/told me to go to a physical samsung depot that DOESN'T fix phones which told me to call 1300 back, AGAIN

then finally got it fixed when i called 1300 once more to book complain and they offered a PICKUP which as i talked, i asked "will it get replaced" and they said if you want a replacement thats something different which you put in a ticket and it goes to a 'case manager' etc etc blah blah blah

so i got my phone back today with the same paint chips, phone turns on like normal (for now) and i think its picking up a phone network (4g) very weak, unlike before i had to set to GSM (2g) just to get ANY network

if this was apple you just go to a apple store, give it to them and if they can't fix it its 100% give you a new one. I'm NEVER buying a samsung ever again, kind of should of learnt my lesson when i got a note8 instead of a mini ipad awhile ago, the screen resolution isn't retina display quality.

FORREST LAW

May 19, 2015
Visit site
Any phone can have defects. Name any phone that is mass produced and you will find some that had issues with it. Quality Control is there to help prevent these issues but ... on devices mass produced like iPhone and Samsung products ... There is bound to be a few bad ones. The companies even know this .. That is why we have warranties ;).
yes but unlike apple it doesn't make you jump through massive hoops JUST to get a technician to look at it. Apple just gives you a new one no questions asked EVEN if you bought it at ebay with no original receipt OR warranty

FORREST LAW

May 19, 2015
Visit site
Really? I got my daughter the Iphone 6 and brand new out of the box there were dead spots on the screen. After 3 hours on the phone listening to apple blame att and att blame apple we finally got a new one overnighted to us. I guess apple's quality control is spot on?

if its a new one why didn't you just take it back to the retail store for a INSTANT replacement? my note 4 was bought off ebay and i had to jump through hoops just to get it fixed, i've heard heaps of stories on youtube you can just take it to the apple store and bam a new one, my friends partner bought one off ebay, took it in a apple store, they couldn't fix it bam a new one

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
yes but unlike apple it doesn't make you jump through massive hoops JUST to get a technician to look at it. Apple just gives you a new one no questions asked EVEN if you bought it at ebay with no original receipt OR warranty

You don't have to jump through hoops -- if you have a Bestbuy near you most have a Samsung shop to get some help if needed.

Most of my friends who have had a defect in a phone can just exchange at the carrier without issue.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
if its a new one why didn't you just take it back to the retail store for a INSTANT replacement? my note 4 was bought off ebay and i had to jump through hoops just to get it fixed, i've heard heaps of stories on youtube you can just take it to the apple store and bam a new one, my friends partner bought one off ebay, took it in a apple store, they couldn't fix it bam a new one

ATT pointed at Apple, Apple pointed at ATT. The Apple store is over an hour from my house on a good traffic day so I ordered online and tried to get the problem rectified without all the travel. Timewise it worked out about the same. Pain in the ***. Another reason I don't buy Crapple products