Note 4 Way to multi window Netflix?

dustout

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Is there a known way to get multi window to work with Netflix on the Note 4? That was probably the thing I was most excited about and sadly it does not seem to natively support doing that...

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Re: Way to multi window Netflix?

If it's not in that list when you hold down the back button then probably not. You may be able to make it one of those smaller windows though I'm not sure.

From my smokin' hot N4

fragologist

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site

Is it possible to watch Netflix on your Web browser. If so then you can use the multi Window.

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site

Is there a known way to get multi window to work with Netflix on the Note 4? That was probably the thing I was most excited about and sadly it does not seem to natively support doing that...

Try https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.xperiacle.multiwindow.enable

It tries to insert the metadata into the app that triggers multi window compatibility. I have had some success with it. The version I linked to is the free version and it will only do pop up windows. However IF the pop up window works for you, then you can pay for the full version ($2.50 I think) and it will do the multi window thing too.

A few notes... its flakey and not every app likes multi window. Waze worked great in multi window on my N2, doesn't work on my N4. I have a couple of programs that it works fine for. Also, you MUST go into the play store app and turn off auto update for any app that you modify with this program. If the app updates its self you lose the multi window features.

I did use Netflix on my N2 with multiwindow from time to time, so it might work for you.

dustout

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site

Thank you boufa! That worked for getting Netflix into a window. Very fast and easy. It seems to scale it down nicely too so the high DPI of the screen makes it hella sharp.

Sadly whenever Netflix loses focus it pauses the show. Clicking back into Netflix lets you unpause. This at least lets me quickly switch between watching and doing other stuff. Thank you very much for recommending that app.

There's one oddity if anyone else does this but I have a workaround. Sometimes it gets stuck in vertical even though the phone is horizontal. If you need to get Netflix to switch into horizontal mode (it seems to get stuck in vertical sometimes when rotating) you can open another horizontal app (I open the Gmail app) and it tricks it into rotating.

thatdarnpunk

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Maybe they will add multi window for it in an app update. With android l moving towards multi window we might start seeing more apps in general have this capability

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma