Note 5 based off the s6 phone specs?

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
I sure hope Samsung removes the SD card slot and user-replaceable battery from the Note 5.
Those two are "ancient" features no longer needed on a modern flagship smartphone.

Yes, I do have a 128gb microSD card in my current phone. However, I have never ever removed
it from the phone. So, getting a Galaxy Note 5 with 128gb built-in makes more sense.

Same deal for the user-replaceable battery. In my other phones(Note 2, 3, S5), I have never
taken the battery out for any reason. (except to replace the SIM card) So no real reason to have
a user-replaceable battery in the Note 5.

I can see not needing the Swappable Battery or Expandable Memory, but I can't see how it would make the phone more appealing to you if those features are gone.

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
I'm on the fence re this

I usually get the 32GB phones but add a 16GB SDcard to that I can run and store CoPilot SatNav on it and save that memory on the phone for music and pictures etc...

But then again, if they offer 64GB and higher phones then it'd be easier to buy that, wouldn't it?!

Re the battery; this can be sticky as I've had every version of the Note (currently have the 2 & 3 still) and have replaced the battery in each of them as the OEM battery, for me, doesn't last long enough but up it to a 3800mAh or 4200 mAh battery and you're laughing...!

For the leading phablet maker in the market IMO, they could undo themselves if they remove these options! The S range IMO is more stylist like the iPhone 6, M9 etc... The phablets need to be big, massively powered and adaptable!

Tenebrous

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
While it seems that I am in the minority, I am glad Samsung ditched the plastic toy phone look and is now using more premium materials -- that is if the Note 5 follows the S6 design. Further, would much rather have native wireless charging than removable batteries.

Regarding charging on the go, I already carry a portable battery charger which is quite small and can be shared across multiple devices -- not just limited to one device as a separate battery would be.

In regards to no SD card -- not only is it not a deal-breaker, but it is a deal-maker since phones without SD cards tend to be more stable over time which is largely why iPhones and Nexus devices ditched them years ago. Moreover, with most of my media on the cloud, an SD card isn't essential.

All in all, I really like the direction Samsung took with the S6 and am anxiously awaiting the Note 5 to follow in the same footsteps while leaping ahead of the S6.

All that's left is to dump Touch Wiz and let Google handle the software.

Last edited:

Tenebrous

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I think Samsung just wanted to appease the Style crowd right now. I think even they will be caught off guard at how vocal the Function crowd is about certain features. Style over function only carries products so far, Apple had to buck up eventually and make larger phones.

Yet Apple has mainted very high sales without an SD card and removable battery -- not to mention the hugely popular Nexus phones. Indeed, for very many people, these features are simply not as important today. In the end, i believe many of the people who may be initially upset about the progress made with the S6 will eventually come on board as the phone is a sweet piece of engendering.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Wait, so google doesn't make the software? Lol so you want Samsung to ditch their skin (touchwiz) and make it a boring nexus? In my opinion, touchwiz has loads of apps and perks that are very useful. I use them on a daily basis. I.e. multi window, spen, screenshot made easy by swiping the screen, and snote just to name a few. This is just my opinion, yours may differ lol.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I don't care about wireless charging because its slower than plugging in a cable and plugging in a cable is not difficult or inconvenient for me. So no, I don't want wireless charging instead of a removable battery. Especially given that you can simply, economically, and easily have both with a 3rd party wireless charging coil available on Amazon, etc. The fact that there is a greater chance of losing the SD card now that Samsung has demonstrated their willingness to make it a sacrificial lamb only makes it that much more desirable to me. As has been said over and over. I hope Sammy doesn't scraw up the Note 5 by revoking the removables.

📐♻from the sliq side with the n.Edge✒🍫

Last edited:

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I guess we will have to wait and see what will happen. Really is no sense getting bent out of shape about something we don't even know about yet.

Note in my house!

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I guess we will have to wait and see what will happen. Really is no sense getting bent out of shape about something we don't even know about yet.

Note in my house!
Absolutely. TBH, I can't really think of too many ways to improve the Note in the Note 5. Give it the better fingerprint scanner and improve the already stellar camera. What else does it really need? That said, unless they do find a way to add some miraculous capability to the 5 I think I may be very willing to just skip the 5 this year or next and live with my Note 3, Note 4, and Note Edge.

📐🍷from the sliQ side of womb with the n.Edge🍶📏

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thompson