Note 5 not always fast charging

char3g

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
3 Note5s later and they have all done the same thing. Fast-charge for 3 to 7 days then it stops. Took it to Samsung desk at Best Buy, they tried different cords, blew out/cleaned the plugs and nothing. Very frustrating! The people from Verizon & Samsung customer service have been useless. Nothing more frustrating than knowing more than customer service. I gave them instructions. Pathetic! Even had to tell a Verizon supervisor that this is not some sort of power struggle, I need someone who can help--obviously that did not go over too well, lol
Anyone else have a solution. I run 6.0.1

Carnyewest

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
Seriously guys, see if anyone can figure this out. I've been aware of trying different cords for months. My note 5 charges but will not fast charge with a cord. It WILL fast charge wirelessly. The feature is turned on for wireless and wired charging. I have verified the cords I have fast charge every other Samsung device but not my phone. So if it charges fast wirelessly and doesn't with a cord even using different cords, making sure feature is on, wiping cache, running safe mode, I'm out of options. Anyone else figure this out????

Moz330

Apr 24, 2017
Visit site
I have a T-Mobile N5 32gb. I also have issues with the fast charging feature. I've used different cables and different outlets. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to get the phone to fast charge. Someone's it will say fast charging then in won't. Usually if I discount and reconnect it will start charging fast but not always. This phone is my life and I love it. I only wish the battery would last longer.