Note 5 vs iPhone 6s

FifthElement

May 23, 2012
Visit site
Re: Aggravated with iOS /Android back and forth

That actually sounds like a smart idea.To be honest, I think you would like the iPhone, most people do. Sure, you will miss some things with Android, but if you really gave iOS a chance, you would see what tens of millions also see. I don't think the iPhone is better for "me'', but I cannot deny it is an amazing smartphone. And it's the smartphone I would most recommend to anyone.

Note in my house!

I don't agree. I used to recommend the iPhone to tech novices and old people but the newer Android devices have easy modes and walk-throughs that make using them actually easier than iPhone in a lot of ways. Many old people have issues with iPhone not having any way to back out of apps or change apps, where Android has a button for that (multitasking) and a back button. Most people that own an iPhone don't even know you can double press the home button for multitasking.

PNW123

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site

I don't agree. I used to recommend the iPhone to tech novices and old people but the newer Android devices have easy modes and walk-throughs that make using them actually easier than iPhone in a lot of ways. Many old people have issues with iPhone not having any way to back out of apps or change apps, where Android has a button for that (multitasking) and a back button. Most people that own an iPhone don't even know you can double press the home button for multitasking.

I completely agree! My Android phone is so much easier to use than our iPad. The lack of a "back" button in IOS is incredibly frustrating. Sure, I can double tap the home button to multitask - but that still doesn't get me back one step to where I want to be in a specific app. Some apps have added a "back" arrow, but many don't have it. I much prefer my Android phone and don't use the iPad much, but when my son gets stuck trying to work with it, we often end up having to turn the dang thing off completely to "reset" the app back to its version of a home page. If I had known about the lack of a back button (and the fact that Swiftkeys doesn't work on it, making writing emails a huge pain), I wouldn't have bought an iPad to begin with. I can only imagine how frustrating an iPhone would be for me to use!!

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

Remember my plan is to keep note 3 active in vzw. I only want to try the iphone and tmobile for fun!

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site

I tried a 6 plus for several months after owning nothing but Androids. It was a good experience. In the sense the only thing I really liked about it was the incredible battery life. I don't like it being a sea of icons and 'opaque.' On the other hand the removable battery is something we should still have. IPhone 6 Plus now on Craigslist.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site

There are little things about the Note 5 that I just love. I was just at the Goodwill and used Samsung Pay at checkout. The cashier was amazed because no one has even tried paying with their phone there. It's those small things that make me a proud owner.

Note in my house!

manni1to

May 13, 2013
Visit site

There are little things about the Note 5 that I just love. I was just at the Goodwill and used Samsung Pay at checkout. The cashier was amazed because no one has even tried paying with their phone there. It's those small things that make me a proud owner.

Note in my house!

Still haven't used Samsung pay. It makes me nervous for some reason!!!

Eddster

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site

You know I'm basically looking for an excuse to have TWO active phones!

I know the feeling. I currently have a Gold Note 5 on AT&T and an iPhone 6s Plus on Verizon. I said I was NOT going to do the two phone thing, but then that Gold Note 5 hit AT&T...

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

Oh no. You are missing out.

Note in my house!
I find it easier to pull out my credit card than my note 3 with items in my hand so I have no temptation to use Samsung pay. I also use different cards for different things so Samsung pay would be a little tricky to use. It's fortunate for me since I don't think Sammy pay works on my note 3 anyway. LOL

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site

I find it easier to pull out my credit card than my note 3 with items in my hand so I have no temptation to use Samsung pay. I also use different cards for different things so Samsung pay would be a little tricky to use. It's fortunate for me since I don't think Sammy pay works on my note 3 anyway. LOL

It's doesn't work on the Note 3. But it is very convenient on the Note 5. A lot faster than Google Wallet used to be. I haven't tried Android Pay to compare, but from what I have seen you are limited in the places you can use Android Pay.

Note in my house!

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site

I know the feeling. I currently have a Gold Note 5 on AT&T and an iPhone 6s Plus on Verizon. I said I was NOT going to do the two phone thing, but then that Gold Note 5 hit AT&T...

Same here but both on AT&T. Space gray iP6S+ and Gold Note 5.

BerryAddict9550

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site

I'm so glad to see I'm not the only one! I think the main issue I have is with complimenting devices. Apple is convenient because I have the iPhone 6 (including every device since the original), iPad Air 2, MacBook Pro and Apple TV. Everything syncs over nicely between all devices. Android OS is amazing and I love the design and style of the Motorola line of phones since the Motorola Razr Maxx HD. I was a die hard BlackBerry fan. I think I've had one of every device since the Pearl. I really don't know what it is that draws me to BlackBerry. I haven't used one actively since the Z10 was released, but I still buy them as they're released to add to my collection haha. The lack of apps really sucks. Just when I finally settled with a Droid Turbo, they released the Priv. I'm still debating on that one. The key feature for me is the amazing battery life of the Droids. I love the simplicity of iOS, but until Apple introduces a phone with a 3200+ mah battery I doubt I'll ever buy another. I've managed to retire all my other devices except for my Air 2. It's hard to read a digital comic on a 5.2in screen lol. The only thing lacking is a matching tablet. I don't like to mix and match brands. If I have a Motorola phone, I want a Motorola tablet. The only thing I'm lacking is a good Android tablet. A friend recently introduced me to the Nexus line of phones. I'm not sure I'm ready to forgive him yet.....

mrjayviper

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site

I have 2 phones + 2 tablets ( 1 each for Android and iOS) and I'm using Google apps to make transition between devices easy/easier.

AngryDenny

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site

Here I thought I was the only one with this problem but after reading many of the post, I think we need to form a support group. I just received my Nexus 6P so I can switch back and forth with my iPhone.

Nexus 6P, iPhone 6s Plus, iPad ....*sigh*

manni1to

May 13, 2013
Visit site

I want to show this thread to all my friends and families so they stop thinking I'm the only crazy person out there lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemal