Note 7 - Samsung Burning/Exploding Issue Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Used to joke and tell friends that siri is skynet. But what if it's actually google? what if this is not a samsung issue but google trying to take over the world. samsung is the biggest android retailer makes sense to use them. ROLF! JK! IF you like Terminator you'd appreciate the humor.

Really do love this note 7 would suck to have to give it up. :( Especially when samsung hasn't released any new tables with s-pen features. ooooooooooooo! imagine the note 7 specs and features (NONE EXPLOSIVE FEATURES) on an 8in tablet! shivers! SAMSUNG YOU HEAR THAT! hint hint! lol

Mdm23

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Re: Just a Thought

You guys have somewhat valid concerns, but I haven't seen any person put in danger in any of the actual cases. The phone gets hot, internals melt, and that's pretty much all that happens. Am I missing something?

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site

You guys have somewhat valid concerns, but I haven't seen any person put in danger in any of the actual cases. The phone gets hot, internals melt, and that's pretty much all that happens. Am I missing something?

So...you WANT to see people injured in order to believe that people's concerns are more than "somewhat" valid?

What's wrong with you?

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

Samsung seems to feel there is a pro lem, they have stopped production of the Note 7. http://money.cnn.com/2016/10/09/technology/samsung-galaxy-note-7/index.html?iid=hp-stack-dom
Every article the past day or two keeps repeating the same nameless source, "Production of the phone has been temporarily suspended, ***a person familiar with the matter *** told CNN on Monday".

Also, have any of the owners sent their phone to Samsung so they could try to actually figure out what the problem is??

Shadowyugi

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
Bloody heck.

I take a couple weeks off visiting here because my Note 7 has been stellar and I come back to bonfires and pitchforks. I'm not gonna tell y'all to calm down because, I guess, the concern is truly warranted.

My Note 7 has been working beautifully and if at any point, I have to return this, I honestly will be so hurt because as it stands there's no other phone out there in the wild that I care about. None. Blackberry have lost me because they won't be doing their own phones anymore and the DTEK series are not as interesting to me as I thought they would be. Don't care about Apple. And the other possible android phones haven't quite won me over yet.

Which means, I'm just gonna be here with the N7 praying it's all a lie or something. lol.

Shadowyugi

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
On a second, slightly humorous note... Why is every phone catching fire? can't one, i don't know, freeze over or channel its inner Jason Voorhees or something?

Andy Lam1

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Bloody heck.

I take a couple weeks off visiting here because my Note 7 has been stellar and I come back to bonfires and pitchforks. I'm not gonna tell y'all to calm down because, I guess, the concern is truly warranted.

My Note 7 has been working beautifully and if at any point, I have to return this, I honestly will be so hurt because as it stands there's no other phone out there in the wild that I care about. None. Blackberry have lost me because they won't be doing their own phones anymore and the DTEK series are not as interesting to me as I thought they would be. Don't care about Apple. And the other possible android phones haven't quite won me over yet.

Which means, I'm just gonna be here with the N7 praying it's all a lie or something. lol.
I been an android guy for sometime and I love this phone, it sad what this guy wrote about this product but nothing stands out

Andy Lam1

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Okay I see...

At work someone wanted me to charge my phone away from them... Really dude? I don't know if he was trying to make some show with the boss or something but I was telling him dude it was like 2 or 3 out of a million phones exploding. Okay vent over.

tclarson1

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
Re: Okay I see...

It's a shame for sure, I am a full time student, employee and single dad. I was in class last week and both classmates on either side of me made a comment about not wanting the phone sitting next to them, one was joking the other was not. I also will be traveling over the holidays and just don't have time for this crap.
Let me be clear I love samsung and this phone is my favorite that I have ever owned. But again don't have the time or brain cells to worry about it. Getting a I bore today till this is figured out

Andy Lam1

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: Okay I see...

It's a shame for sure, I am a full time student, employee and single dad. I was in class last week and both classmates on either side of me made a comment about not wanting the phone sitting next to them, one was joking the other was not. I also will be traveling over the holidays and just don't have time for this crap.
Let me be clear I love samsung and this phone is my favorite that I have ever owned. But again don't have the time or brain cells to worry about it. Getting a I bore today till this is figured out
I think it the media scaring people honestly, the guy on the plane. Next they going to ask you wash your clouths with a Samsung washing machine and they going to thing my cloths going to explode

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Again I know he's not technical and probably sources don't use terms either but interesting to hear what they say cause they have their sources too being investors. "Plates?"

https://twitter.com/jimcramer/status/785326895738925056

There are exactly zero wires inside a note 7. Anyone who could have any idea of the problem would never say "it's the wiring".

He just wants people to tune into his show, visit his website and buy his books. Nothing wrong with that, but maybe going about it this way is a little slimy.

(he also claimed the Airline bans are because of Apple controlling the airline industry at one point)

Last edited:

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Sigh... I guess hope for direct sale through Samsung.com or something... some indirect method. But hey then if that way no bloat and more direct updates :) it would be a cult phone for sure.

Yup. AT&T (probably the rest, too) will not carry another "fixed" version. They are done.

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site

Yeah your missing alot.. If this phone melts on a soft surface like a couch, table cloth or in your car while driving down the highway at 70, it could be a bad situation. So far, the people who's replacement phone's have melted, did so in front of them. Suppose a melt down occurred while someone was away from the phone, for example, in the shower? A person shouldn't have to watch over a phone 24/7. I'm not saying that every replacement will eventually melt but who knows which ones will and with ones won't?
Just the other day I had to pay a traffic ticket at the court house. No phones in the court house as you know.... So had to leave it in the car.... people shouldn't have to worry about things like that.

The Note 7 is history and so is the name Note.... Going forward, the Note line will have to be renamed in order to get from under this mess they created...

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
wonder how many have burned while in store?

I know there are other threads, but i started a new one anyway..

How come no reports of the phones burning while in the phone stores or a demo model going up?

If some of the new reports are saying the phone was off and not charging you would think there would be issues of the phones waiting on the shelves to be sold..

Just a thought..

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Only Samsung owners should bring up issues? Sheep and haters come foreign and domestic.

I am one of those that don't own a Note 7 if you didn't know... but extremely interested and the means to get one and about to buy one a number of times... but before I am going to plop $900-1000 I like to do my homework, ask a lot of questions, and if I see something that bothers me I'm gonna keep on it until I a feel ok about buying and owning one.

If I didn't and follow the sheep, I'd be going through possibly two recalls now or deal with an overheating or burning phone right now or my 14 year old daughter might be the one to burn her fingers using my phone.

People here didn't make the phones explode. People here helped bring conversation on it... maybe make it gain more attention on it... double edge sword... cause I like to think it could have accelerated attention to ultimately reduce the number of explosions reported and saved a bigger issues if someone actually lost a home or got serious harm over it.

I would argue that having Samsung sheep doesn't help either but maybe it's the views from both sides that help discussions move along and help get to finding answers anyways. If you think iPhone forums are all sheep rosey and same types of people not scutinizing iPhones and iPhone explosions, then you are mistaken. Pretty sure their Mods are as busy as here lol. If there is an exploding phone issue there too... it'll come out hopefully.

Anyways... being a potential buyer my initial concern was weak glass lol. No one wants this phone stopped. It's arguably the best phone this year. But i am also glad I didn't buy and afraid of getting burned... the issue was real.

I hope they make their adjustments and continue selling. If fixed I'd still consider it.

Last edited by a moderator:

bassjo

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site

As I see all these posts and countless new threads, I wonder something. Why are people so willing to take unknown people's words and get rid of their phones? Many of the previous stories have already been proven false, so what's the deal? Why not at least wait until Samsung gives an official statement? The internet and news hungry media has really changed things in my opinion. I was a mechanic at a dealership before and people barely cared about actual life threatening safety recalls, but this phone thing has people feeling like their actually carrying a bomb in their pockets.

My job requires that from time to time I travel, it used to be 100% of the time but I've moved into a position that thankfully doesn't require that. However I know without a doubt that the airlines are cracking down even more heavily against the N7 and one of my colleagues said at one of his recent airport visits an announcement was made that N7's needed to be powered down and stored in your carry on luggage. (ie. for the duration of your airport visit) If I've got a device that I use to contact my work, my family, etc... that I have to keep powered off and stowed away while I'm at an airport for at least 2 -3 hours prior to my flight, after my flight while we taxi to the gate and until I get into my rental to leave the property, what good comes in keeping this device?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali